Rift Reporter Episode 21 – Focus This!
With a quiet News week behind us, Stage 4 of the World Event has launched bringing us more of the same, Trion sets a challenge for its European players at Gamescon, and we talk Focus Targets and you!
- Ran XRunic Decent, was a good run but still had trouble with that last boss Eliam. Also ran XDD, was a lot of fun once again, love the Dragon fight at the end!
- Made an alt! At the suggestion of Isonius I roled up a Cleric. She is now at level 14, not really sure what roles I will end up running with but I am avoiding the Melee ones.
- Was surprised at how much I am enjoying running through the starter areas again. It’s like reminiscing back to Beta, and Launch! I burned through the quests in the two times I’ve played her and have found myself fighting mobs one or two levels higher then I am, to complete the quests. Guess I should run a few rifts and catch myself up a bit. Can’t wait to try it in IT! I made it out to Meridian before last log off, so I will take a closer look at the souls now, and decide what I want to run with. I am going to focus on Healing with her, but have ranged dps for leveling. Think I had better take on Druid for my leveling spec, I keep forgetting to heal myself!
- Not a lot of LFG tool success. Every time we have tried to use it, someone backs out. Often because they are too tired to keep going, but once it was a legitimate ‘emergency’. Tried to get a replacement and sat waiting for half an hour. Ended up abandoning our DSM run, to merge with two other players looking for replacements for their group and entering for a random, did XDD.
- Ran xDSM and got a great DPS helm. Had a fun time with a great group of people. Now I wish I could remember their names…
- New members to the guild, tons of fun meeting them and helping them level.
- Worked on my Defiant cleric alt, getting him ready to tank. Yes, I’m trying Justicar tanking again.
- Not much time on my Guardian alt, just too busy this week.
- Ran xDD. Someone in the LFG group decided to suggest that we run to the bottom of the gauntlet without killing the guys who throw fire down. Yeah, I agree, that was TONS of fun, /sarcasm off
Guild Launch Ad
If you want to get your guild set up on guild launch with a subscription use the coupon code MMOREPORTER for your first month free.
News from the Rift
Take the stage at gamescon
If you want your own Typefrag ventrilo server, then check out typefrag.com and use the coupon code MMOREPORTER for 25% off your first month’s hosting.
Focus Targets and you!
/focus is the command to use to select the person you have target as your focus
/cast @focus *ability name* is how you use it to help you.
/target @focus also selects your focus target as your target.
Some possible uses:
- Healers focusing on the tank for the ability to quickly move back to targeting the tank after target someone else for heals.
- Chloros – in many ways
- Tanks – Focus on the boss, and then have the ability to quickly select the boss again if you need to pull in adds.
- Warlord tanks and Intercept – Focus on a very high DPS player who keep pulling aggro, then use /cast @focus Intercept when you need to get aggro back. Saboteurs and Incriminate would work as well.
I think that this is a great too for all players to have in their arsenal. Use it wisely!
Ciderhelm – Awesome tanking guides, both for the fights, and for different specs. Focuses on Warrios.
Talk of Telara #5
Last weeks Poll -
Which part of Scott Hartsman’s “RIFT into the future” update are you most looking forward to?
Alternate Advancement 65%
Instant Adventure 15%
Chronicles of Telara 15%
PvP Improvements 5%
This week’s poll:
Are you using the wardrobe system?
iTunes 5 Star Reviews
facebook: search for Rift Reporter
|Print article||This entry was posted by Chris on July 23, 2011 at 1:38 pm, and is filed under Rift Reporter. Follow any responses to this post through RSS 2.0. You can leave a response or trackback from your own site.|