Rift Reporter Episode 31 – A Patch and a half!
What we’ve done in game:
- Ran both chronicles the day 1.5 launched. Would like to get in a few more times, try them by myself, but I’ve been so busy in game!
- Loved the Planar Attunment ceremony chronicle. Decided to go with Death as it had lots of increased Intell, as well as SP bonus for wands and daggers.
- Spent a small chunk of money buying various dye options for my Veterans rewards cosmetic clothing. Tried a few things out, and ended up with a dark purple, dark brown combo. Looks totally bad ass, the brown looks like copper on the metal pieces!
- Ran reg CC, for some rep, was so much fun and fast! Did it with three well geared people, and it was a good combination of time vs not too easy.
- Did the air raid rift, not my favorite! As well as a bunch of crafting rifts.
- Ran XIT a few times, had a lot of fun doing that!
- Doing lots of Chronicles, completing them almost daily.
- Rift Raid with the Guild (and some pugs)
- Horrible Pug experience in xDD. We had one guy (or girl) who hadn’t trained any of the skill for the spec he wanted to try. Lots of facepalm moments. Didn’t end up finishing Scarn, but we gave it a few tries. When we ran our of Soul Walks, we stopped.
- Still trying to earn crafting plaques. Incredibly frustrating trying to get Smooth Lightstones for my weekly quest. Just not enough time to farm
- Got my guardian cleric to lvl 9. Veterans rewards look awesome.
- A run of Iron Tomb ended up recruiting a guild member (from another realm!)
AD – Guild launch
If you want to get your guild set up on guild launch with a subscription use the coupon code MMOREPORTER for your first month free.
News from the Rift
- Quantum Sight from 5 min to 15 min
- Guild Bank Items now STACK!
- Zone Event weekly quests available where exp. rift/raid rifts quest come from. In Meridian Raj Tahleed in the Planar College.
- Raid Rifts no longer time out and disappear
- Raid Rift tears are now yellow!
- Between the three Higher level zones (Stillmore, IPP, Shimmersand) there will be only 1 zone event at a time.
- Crafting plaques are now Master Craftsman Marks, and are collecting profession wide. Can use marks obtained through Runecrafting for Outfitter recipes!!!
Extra Life Marathon October 15th
I wanted to let you know that because of your podcast I decided to join the Extra Life marathon. So far I have $370 in pledges and hope for $500. I will be stocking up on Red Bull and hope to meet you in game.
Next podcast I was wondering if you guys could talk about what to expect on Oct 15? Do we log-in and hunt for a special server? How exactly will we join the Trion guild? Procedure stuff!
I have read the Trion website but some of the info is a bit vague.
Thanks in advance! You guys are my favorite of the Rift podcasts and even some of the WArcraft podcasts for that matter – thanks for all you do.
- Trion will announce the server for the Extra Life team a day or two before the event begins. They will have one guild for Defiant and one guild for Guardian on that server. Players who start new characters for the event will be eligible for the in game rewards, achievements and titles. As long as you have registered for extra life with the email address you use for your Trion account, Trion will have you listed as a participant. They will be running special events and contests, although we have not heard exactly what they are planning, it will be a surprise! I would assume that the time zone the Trion team will be using for their start time will be the same as game time, 8am PST.
We will try to bring you more details next week right before the event begins. Perhaps answer some of the questions about the guild join.
Set Party UI to Raid Frames
- Go to Interface>Display and check the box next to “Use raid frames for parties” and this will change it for your display only.
Planar Attunement and you:
- Each level is 500,000 experience, and you gain 100 PA points.
- Abilities cost between 100-200 points, and some have different tiers within that one ability/buff
- If you’re looking for specific stat buffs, check out the different planes. I found that Earth had tons of endurance buffs, and that Fire had all the strength buffs.
If you want your own Typefrag ventrilo server, then check out typefrag.com and use the coupon code MMOREPORTER for 25% off your first month’s hosting.
http://www.rift-craft.com/augmentations/ RIFT CRAFT: shows what augments are available, what they are called, what stats they boost, what level you need to use them, and what level gear needs to be to add to. As well as the title that comes with the augment.
https://sites.google.com/site/riftaugmentlist/home RIFT AUGMENT LIST by Udder : Shows how much of a stat bonus you will get for each level of augments, 6 points of spell power etc… as well as a list of augment names. Several lists for the different combination of stats, single or multi stat boosts.
Last Weeks Poll:
Will Planar Attunement be:
A fun way to gain bonus 38%
I get what I get when I get it 31%
A grind that makes me do more ‘dailies’ 21%
What’s Planar Attunement? 10%
This week’s Poll:
Do you think that the content update schedule is:
iTunes 5 Star
- FYI, The Collegium is looking for more members, if you’re interested in a casual, mature guild. .
facebook: search for Rift Reporter
|Print article||This entry was posted by Chris on October 9, 2011 at 10:45 pm, and is filed under General, Rift, Rift Reporter. Follow any responses to this post through RSS 2.0. You can leave a response or trackback from your own site.|