TOR Reporter Episode 30 – Want to see my purple lightning?
We sift through the ashes left behind as the rakghoul virus mysteriously vanishes, talk about how you can win a collector’s edition, and look at how you can help protct your guild from looters.
What we did this week
Back to my old ways: WarZone queues all the time
I miss the story, but it’s so easy to jump in and out of WarZones without long travel or fear of missing out on rest XP bonuses if I go AFK.
Rolled my 4th (?) Sage, this time on the RP server.
Hit 41 on the Marauder!
Close to maxxing out affection on Quinn
Suffering numerous hard crashes to desktop after this most recent mini patch
Mostly PvP late at night.
Space Combat of course
Trooper ladies: Jorgan is gonna put a ring on it, no matter if you do or not (link, link)
While some folks lament the difficulty of getting to romance their companions, it turns out that at least 1 companion just can’t take no — or a lack of flirting– as an answer
40 pages of feedback on the Rakghoul event (link)
- Including someone who plotted out a multi-stage event questing/activity scenario (pg 40) — awesome story design that makes the step-by-step quest unlocks make sense
- Likes: Brought people back online, boss wipes due to plague is funny, theme is great
- Requests: known rewards, advance notice, have way to unlock dailies for people that can’t play every day all week long
- Future ideas: Similar event with PvP focus – conquer neutral world? Have dev control boss monster, like Asheron’s Call; Revanites event (YES PLEASE)
- Purple lightsaber in signature!!! (███████████████████๒◫◫◫‖∰████████████████████)
4/27 Community Q&A (link)
- Will there be future events like the plague?
- Is there a plan to make social armor adjustable to armor rating?
- No dual spec until Patch 1.4
“What planet in the Star Wars universe do you want to see in Star Wars: The Old Republic that is not currently in the game?” (link)
- Another Q from James Ohlen for the community
- Just for the sake of getting everyone worked up, and because I LOVE ewoks, I am going to have to go with the forest moon of Endor on this.
- Seeing Dantooine mentioned a fair bit
Tips for Novare Coast
1. More that one person can cap the point at a time! It’s reduces the time needed significantly, so make sure to help out!
2. There is more than one exit to your camp! One exit goes towards the middle, and one point right at the nearest of the other 2 capture points. Use this to capture the point at the start of the map, or to help after re-spawning.
3. Like at capture point style PvP matches, AOEs are your friend. Even if you can’t kill the enemy, interrupt him/her!
4. It’s useful to leave 1-2 defenders at ncontested point and have a roaming band that goes there when needed
1. Lots of ways to break line of sight. Use them! Getting hammered by enemies? Run around the capture point. Bet you most won’t follow.
2. Snipers: Lots of vantage points. Make use of them!
3. When defending, it’s better to run for a second, then come back and interupt the cap than it is to die trying to kill the enemies. (it’s okay to start far away too)
4. All foes are not created equal. Think of it this way: Foes capping points = 1,000. Enemies running around fighting = 1 point. You do the math. (point values not accurate and merely use to illustrate a point).
Browsing the Holonet
Infographic: Crafted Gear & Mods (link)
- Slot, by slot, takes you through the available item level options for gear and where it comes from.
Force Reflection: What’s Your Style (link)
- What does your character put on in the morning? Do they take hours in front of a mirror caking on makeup and making sure each piece of clothing is perfect and matching?
- Site also has forums for the individual RP servers
Reviewing each of the classes’ personal storyline (link)
Social Points: Life In The Fast Lane (link)
- What happens when your guild gets a little bit bigger than you expected it to
- How do you keep everyone engaged?
|Print article||This entry was posted by Josh on May 6, 2012 at 12:27 pm, and is filed under Games, Podcast, Star Wars: The Old Republic, TOR Reporter Podcast. Follow any responses to this post through RSS 2.0. You can leave a response or trackback from your own site.|