Rift Reporter Episode 54 – Freakin’ Conquest!
This week we talk about News from the Public Test Shard, and what’s coming with Patch 1.9, as well as highlight some of what’s been new over the past few months, for all those returning players out there!
What we did in game:
- NEBULA! Yes, I finally got my sparkly Purple Pony!! And I NEVER want to do another WE Daily! At least until the next event starts :)
- Did a lot of onslaughts to get my Ingots for the daily quests, which was still fun, and quite a few fire and earth rifts out in Shimmersand.
- Ran a bunch of random experts, only to realize, after not checking for months, that the Greater Marks of Ascension are of no use to me given my current kick ass gear. Up side, I got Rapid Assault on KB, CC, and RD, as well as a ‘Rapid’ Run on ROTF, which I already had the achievement for.
- Got my spider mount! Did a bunch on onslaughts with some a guildy while working on my daily quests for the world event.
- Got Rapid Assault Achievement for 3 different dungeons in 2 nights. (Quick mention about the best way to do speed runs)
- Had to re-do a couple of specs on my rogue. It’s been a while since I’ve been on. Wanted to spend some time PvP-ing, ended up spending the time researching specs. Decided to go blink-bard for PvP.
News from the Rift:
Updates on the PTS
* An early version of Conquest is now on PTS for testing! At this point, Conquest will only be accessible when specifically enabled for a playtest.
* Align yourself with one of the three warring groups – the Dominion, the Oathsworn, or the Nightfall, and join three-way cross-shard conflict in a contested sliver of Stillmoor.
* Capture, defend, and enhance conflict points to not only control the region but also gain access to bonuses and resources for your team.
* Fight Colossi on the field of battle to demonstrate your power and gain additional buffs.
* The Conquest Bar displays your current Conquest bonuses and can be found in the ‘K’ menu under Conquest.
* For those looking to contribute in ways other than direct combat, gather Sourcestone resources and use them to create beneficial effects that help everyone in your faction. These resources can be deposited in a depot inside your base where other crafters can also process them.
* New crafting recipes for use during Conquest are now available on the trainers in Sanctum and Meridian.
* Matches begin to lock down when a single team claims 40% of the control points, or when 5,000 deaths have taken place in the match; at that point a 10 minute timer will begin for a last chance at rallying your troops!
Trion’s Official Conquest Video:
Conquest Preview Video:
* New Mentoring system allows you to set your character’s level below what it actually is, whether you’re on your own or playing with a lower-level character.
* Mentoring is available for characters of level 11+ and you can only reduce your current level, not increase it.
* The new Set Ascended Mentor Level menu option now appears when right clicking your own character portrait. You can choose what level you’d like to set your character to from this option.
* When right-clicking the portrait of another character, the menu option to set your mentor level to the target’s level appears.
* While mentoring, your stats, abilities, regeneration, etc. will be temporarily reduced in line with the target level.
* Grouped characters using mentoring will receive bonus experience as long as the character with the lower natural level remains within 2 levels of the mentor and the mentor remains at least 5 levels below their natural level.
- Leveling through IA
PRESTIGE RANKS / ARMOR
* Prestige Ranks are now increased to 50!
* The added ranks offer new milestone titles and additional Planar Attunement bonus experience when attained – 2 Planar Attunement levels worth for each rank.
* A new set of PvP Armor is now available in line with the Prestige Rank increase.
* Increased the effect of Bolstering in line with the addition of new PvP gear. Warfront Bolstering is now applied to all characters up to rank 25.
* PTS NOTE: The new rank set armor is temporarily using the previous set’s appearances on PTS.
What’s In: (Patch 1.9) Fan video of footage from the PTS by Khelendross
- IA’s for Silverwood, Freemarch, Gloamwood and Stonefield
- New PVP Gear up to Prestige 50
- Conquest Mode PVP (not testable)
- Primevil Feast (10 man raid Sliver in Droughtlands, portal not functional yet)
- Summerfest World Event Zone Event “Summer Swarm” (Broken)
- A full set of achievements for the new World Event
What’s Coming: (After 1.9 at some point)
- IA’s for Moonshade Highlands, Iron Pine Peak, Scarlet Gorge and Scarwood Reach
- SIX new zones
- One new 5 man Dungeon (Empyrean Core)
- Hunt Rifts (no idea what this is, maybe a new Rift Feature?)
Patch updates to note:
- Streaming Client allows you the option to launch the game from the patcher without having to wait for the full data download to complete. You’ll be able to start playing within a few minutes even after a large update, and the game will download the necessary data in the background while you play.
- * Streaming Client works best on a 5MBps or better connection. If you have a slower connection, it is recommended that you let the patch complete before attempting to launch the client .
- * If players and NPCs around you take a long time to load, or you’re not happy with the game experience when streaming, you can close the client and wait for the patch to finish. Launching the client before downloads have completed is optional.
- * The first time you launch the updated patcher, there will be a longer initial import process that will convert your existing game files for use with streaming – so you won’t have to fully re-download them.
- * In-game, a download indicator at the top of the screen will show the current status of your download, time remaining, and whether objects around you may be loading slowly. This indicator will disappear when the client is fully updated.
- The ‘Hide Other Players’ Hit FX’ option now actually only applies to player VFX.
- NPCs that are nearby but not fully displayed on your screen will show up briefly as green cylinder effects, until they are fully loaded. [this actually started after the last hotfix
- World Event: Fixed drop rates for War of the Wanton Maw quest items from Fire and Earth Zone Events.
- * World Event: The 1.8 World Event has been extended for a week, due to end Thursday, May 24th.
Patch 1.9 world Event Currencies:
- With the start of 1.9 the World Event Merchant in Sanctum and Meridian will have some changes! All of the reward items from 1.1, 1.2, and 1.3 will be removed to give us the ability to give them out in new and more exciting ways. If you have been saving currencies from these World Events, you will no longer need them at that point. In later updates more of the older World Event Rewards will be removed. We are doing this in a phased manner to give those of you that are still leveling your Turtles or Raptors a heads up before they are gone.
- The items these currencies are used to purchase will no longer be available on the World Event Merchant, but like I said, they will be available by other means at some point in the future.
- 1.4 and 1.5 Currencies and Rewards will be going away the update after 1.9 so you will have some time left.
- To Recap, the following currencies will no longer be required after the start of 1.9:
Ancient Golden Dragon Egg Shell
Rune King’s Seal
- Starting the next update after 1.9, Dragon Tears and Magma Opals will be obsolete.
- Unique Snowflakes, Glass Beads, and Carnival Prize Tickets will always remain useful, and will have their description changed to let you know they are an annual currency.
Welcome Back, here’s what’s changed
- T1/T2 experts combined into a single tier.
- 6th role slot.
- Ember Isle -- a new zone for well-geared 50s.
- Ember Isle restricted to level 48+.
- Instant Adventure -- LFG-like open-world adventure for 45+.
- Crafting uses bank items.
- Fishing and Survival skills.
- Seals (a new inventory slot, exclusively crafted).
New Traversing Telera on RiftZam
This weeks poll
Who is your least favorite boss in an Expert Dungeon?
Fae Lord Twyl - Realm of the Fae
Bonelord Fetlorn - Iron Tomb
Queen Vallnara - Foul Cascade
Konstantin - Kings Breach
Emberlord Ereetu - Fall of Lantern Hook
Scarn - Darkening Deeps
Plutonus - Deepstrike Mines
Eliam the Corrupted - Runic Descent
Caelia the Stormtouched - Charmer’s Caldera
Calyx the Ancient - Abyssal Precipice
Hi Chris and Sallenia from way down south! I'm an avid listner :) I'm new to Rift and have been levelling on the Gnarlwood Server. I am not an active role-player, but am attracted to the mature, friendly communities that tend to form on rp-servers. Therefore, I've been considering a transfer to the Faeblight Server. I'm with the Guardian Faction and have really enjoyed pvp in my short time with the game. Are either of you aware of a large, friendly Guardian guild on Faeblight that gets together on a semi-frequent basis for warfronts without being too serious about it? Many thanks,
Matt a.k.a. Crevan
iTunes 5 Star
facebook: search for Rift Reporter
|Print article||This entry was posted by Chris on May 23, 2012 at 11:06 pm, and is filed under General, Rift, Rift Reporter. Follow any responses to this post through RSS 2.0. You can leave a response or trackback from your own site.|