Rift Reporter Episode 55 – Uber Seal, Ar Ar Ar
This week we delve into the new fun things currently on the Public Test Shard, that will most likely be launching with Patch 1.9!
What we’ve done in game:
- ROS with a lot of guild mates
- Did a few experts
- Got myself the Mid Seal
- Onslaughts. SURPRISE!
- River of Souls raid and instances. Fun! Ran through Realm of the Fae, and had an interesting bug (Sallennia’s fault!)
- Finally got my seal and got it all rune’d up. Holy crap that’s expensive!
- Decided that my Rogue’s crafting needed to be worked on, so I’ve now gotten him out of Freemarch! Finally. Yes, he’s level 40, but hey, I’m done, right?
News from the Rift:
A Storm Is Brewing at PC Gamer : ie Expansion tease?
Cape/Cloak slots on the PTS (Forums by Primalthirs
Trion trademarks “Storm Legion” – Expansion Title?
Mentoring Testing on PTS
From ‘Glamour’ on the forums:
- I really enjoyed mentoring down and doing some IA in Freemarch. I like the idea of being able to instant adventure in any zone and still get my ISS and PA experience clickies as rewards.
- I like that when you mentor down you still have all your abilities. When you go back to level 50 you have very little health, especially if you’re not at full health when you go back to 50 you almost die
- high level quests in the quest tracker turn red when you mentor down but they stay red when you go back to 50.
-also worth noting: pests are OP right now, PA seems to be the only loot worth using if you are level 50, total max health when levelled back up to 50 is the most common complaint – so at 50, you are close to death when you go back up.
Conquest Interview on Rift Junkies
Conquest Dev Diary Video
With Patch 1.8 we saw the introduction of seals on our character sheets. Seals are a crafted item that adds stat bonuses that are role specific.
For a run down on all the available recipes, and what ingredients are needed, go to Rift Nerd at
There are three levels of seals, adding 19, 25 or 33 bonus stats.
- The 19 bonus stat recipes require 225 Artisan Marks,
- the 25 bonus stat recipes require 3 Master Craftsman Marks, and
- the 33 Bonus Stat recipes require 8 Master Craftsman Marks.
You can get bonuses to
The +33 stat bonus seal requires ‘Unstable Catalyst’ which you can get with 50 Greater Marks of Ascension from the Hammerknell Raid Merchant, or as drops from within Hammerknell. Goes on the AH for about 155 Plat.
You can also Augment and Rune your Seals for maximum bonus!
Traversing Telara #10
Another shout out to TJ74 on the forums! Thanks for listening.
Last weeks poll
Who is your least favorite boss in an Expert Dungeon?
Calyx the Ancient – Abyssal Precipice 20%
Scarn – Darkening Deeps 20%
Konstantin – Kings Breach 16%
Fae Lord Twyl – Realm of the Fae 12%
Bonelord Fetlorn – Iron Tomb 8%
Queen Vallnara – Foul Cascade 8%
Plutonus – Deepstrike Mines 8%
Emberlord Ereetu – Fall of Lantern Hook 4%
Caelia the Stormtouched – Charmer’s Caldera 4%
Eliam the Corrupted – Runic Descent 0%
This Weeks Poll
Will you be using the Mentoring system to revisit old Zone Events that you miss?
Hello again Chris and Sallenia. Thank you for airing my question! I wanted to let you, and fellow listners know that I have found the home I was looking for on the Faeblight server. I am now a proud member of Gaiscioch (pronounced Gosh-Kia), a family-oriented guild that participates in all facets of Rift, including weekly, server-wide events that Guardians and Defiants may participate in!
On a side note, I’m really enjoying the druid class in pvp warfronts! I may not hit so hard, but Chris and Sallenia, if you step into a warfront and find yourself silenced and slowed, with your attack power, spell power, and healing received slashed…along with your ability costs increased by 50%…it may just be me saying “hi!”
Fiain (formerly Crevan, pronounced “Fee-an”)
iTunes 5 Star
facebook: search for Rift Reporter
Youtube: youtube.com/user/mmoreporternetwork PLEASE SUBSCRIBE!
|Print article||This entry was posted by Chris on June 3, 2012 at 6:45 pm, and is filed under General, Rift, Rift Reporter. Follow any responses to this post through RSS 2.0. You can leave a response or trackback from your own site.|