Guild Wars Reporter Episode 22 – BWE2 Roundtable
What class/race everyone played:
Sallennia – Human Elementalist
Bill – Human Mesmer (charr engineer)
Anexxia– Norn Elementalist and Charr Mesmer
Celeste – Human Elementalist
Chris – Norn Guardian is amazing
- Dying clothes to match
- Being able to sell items in the AH from anywhere
- Grabbing your mail from anywhere
- Amazing Exp from events, hearts, and exploration/completion
- Fast travel… I mean REALLY fast
- Group persistence – my wife and I stayed grouped for the entire beta, no matter how often we logged out (or what characters we logged into)
- Fantastic Swim mechanics/ water appropriate damage skills.
- New map UI – small, out of the way, yet still functional
- wasn’t crazy about the UI changes, not really bad but mediocre. still a WIP with beta being active so it’s probably going to change a bit in the meantime
- Skills system…still doesn’t make a ton of sense as you go along
- Forcing me to pay to rez myself at a location far away from where I died
- The expense of the quick travel methods vs the low drop rate of coin/salable items. My first character was nearly broke for her first few levels
- Only allowing us to deposit some of my items in the bank from out in the field (the blue quality items defined in the bank collections)
- Being dropped from the server, and logging back in at completely random places, AND having to pay to port back to my group.
- bad water in hi-res screenshots, it’s irritating and awful
- Death Nudity Sucks
- BWE2 ended :( Need more hours in day
- Overflow and forming/finding party members
- Celeste: more than 2 people in a group makes content feel lovely and you feel like progression goes at a wonderful pace.
- Anexxia: Getting a free box of vanity pets! (bought with the gems they gave us)
- Sallennia: Wayfarer Hills – BIG event with close to 40 players participating, taking back control of an area. Only ‘Epic’ thing we did all weekend.
- Bill: Story quest (LAWYERED!)
- Chris: WuvWuv
No matter how much they change the packaging, X is still boring/frustrating:
- Anexxia: I will never be rich enough to get anywhere w/crafting. Also, the discovery system for crafting patterns is like that memory card game only real time and online and some of the cards are missing. And you have to use a crafting bench to make items — hate being tied to a city to craft.
- Celeste: empty zones and not being able to finish events because of this
Coolest new feature:
- Mystic Forge
- New Zone – Awesome fun with Pirates.
|Print article||This entry was posted by Celeste on June 13, 2012 at 10:55 pm, and is filed under General, Guild Wars 2, Guild Wars Reporter Podcast, Podcast. Follow any responses to this post through RSS 2.0. You can leave a response or trackback from your own site.|