TOR Reporter Episode 36 – Hi Ho, Hi Ho, it’s off to change servers we go!
Chris and Josh attempt to discuss the start of server transfers without Anexxia’s dark side influence. With the addition of some Patch 1.3 news, and the continuation of our Server Transfer Guide segments for Jedi’s Council, it’s a packed show!
What we did this week
- Crossing guard/shepherd as we move to a new server
- OFF– out listening to live music at the Fillmore. Find her on the PTS in the interim.[has been making augment kits for folks to try out]
- Crafting and Space Missions again this week
- A little bit of continu
- Starting to get everything ready to transfer my toons. Actually quite a few things to do as guild leader, which we’ll talk about later.
Free Character Transfers Now Available On Select Servers
- To start the character transfer process, login to your account, click My Account and then click Character Transfers in the left hand menu. From there you will be able to select Start a Character Transfer and see if you have any characters eligible for transfer to selected servers.
- ANEXXIA NOTES: Did 6 character transfers. All were done within a minute or so. Only lost 1 character name. Did not lose any items or credits. Impressed.
For others’ comments on transfers, see comments in this post: http://inquisitorsroadhouse.com/2012/06/14/ive-taken-the-swtor-server-transfer-plunge-have-you
James Ohlen interview at E3 (2 parts):
- “Makeb is essentially the size of a full game.”
- “Hopefully we’ll have new systems in place by then [when Makeb launches] to encourage open-world PvP”
- “Even though most MMOs save their level cap increases for an expansion. We decided to break the mold and give some level cap increases before that.”
- “There was a lot of fallout from it. We had to make sure that it doesn’t disrupt the elder game too badly.”
- “We’re not going to make all the current high-level stuff obsolete, because that would be really dumb of us.”
- “We are working on a new tier of gear.”
- Working on an event like Rakghoul plague, but it will be a surprise
Part 2 in our server transfer series…What will guild leaders need to do to transfer their guilds?
Guilds will not be able to directly transfer over their guilds. Instead guilds will need to be reformed on the destination server.
- Due to a variety of factors (including the naming and re-naming process after transferring characters), this was deemed to be the most efficient method in assuring that Guilds retain their Guild Banks on the new server.
- Yes, you will have to:
- * Remove all items & credits from the Guild Bank.
- Transfer Guild Leadership
- Transfer to the new server and reform the Guild.
- Contact Customer Service to re-establish the Guild Bank and Guild Bank tabs.
* This means you’d better get yourself some extra bank slots or distribute some of your guild bank booty in advance of the guild disbanding.
3. Let your guildies know, via twitter, your forums, etc. that you have transferred and what the new guild name is and whom to whisper.
- You, your officers and other guildies may have new names — start a name thread
- Your guild’s name may be taken — may need to brainstorm with the group on suitable alternatives
Browsing the Holonet
SWTOR case mods:
On Being a SWTOR Crafting Enthusiast in an Environment Where Everyone Wants Everything to be Free
- Time is money friend!
New cover art (to us) and details on the next TOR novel
Link to the fanfic
Like us on FB:https://www.facebook.com/torreporter
|Print article||This entry was posted by Chris on June 17, 2012 at 1:32 pm, and is filed under General, TOR Reporter Podcast. Follow any responses to this post through RSS 2.0. You can leave a response or trackback from your own site.|