Rift Reporter Episode 57 – Conquest This!
This week we talk about how Patch 1.9 is going, and all we’ve experienced since it launched!
What we did this week:
- DH with some new to 50 Guild mates
- MDD…first boss only
- A few Expert Dungeons
- Took a new guild mate, Drezzden, on a tour of Ember Isle, getting Ports and did an Onslaught
- Worked on crafting a bit for the first time in FOREVER
- Got my Rogue up a level, and got her some new gear.
- 4 manned Reg FOLH with Chris rogue, I’m the only one who didn’t mentor down, and healed.
- Oh, and I FINALLY got my hair fixed!
- Squashed bugs, but the rest of the summer fest quests involved Fishing/Survival which I’m not doing. Have not done the scavenger hunt yet though.
- Drowned Halls – Interesting run. Not completed, but fun.
- MDD – Darn timing, i.e. other runs!
- Ran some guildies around and had some fun.
- Rogue is level 45 now! Last few level have almost strictly been through IA, with a Runic Descent run thrown in for good measure.
News from the Rift
- Mentoring – Working well, and tons of fun.
- Conquest – We’ll talk about that later.
- Bag Auto-Sort – YES!
- Instant Adventure expands: First two zones (Freemarch and Stonefield for Defiant, Silverwood and Gloamwood for Guardians). Auto-leveling for this is a great idea.
- Summerfest – Not really impressed with this one. Fairly boring, and I can’t get the Courage quest (stand in the spotlight) to work!
- Chat Channels – Level 50 hell.
- * PRIMEVAL FEAST is a new 50-player Sliver featuring Fae Lord Twyl and his plans for Lord Greenscale.
Note: We’ll be having Elrar on the show next week to talk about some of the issues that Conquest has been having, and some of the fixes they have/will implement.
- Biggest concern so far seems to be the LONG cooldown, generally 2 hrs.
- Problems with Factions being unbalanced, 2 picking on 1 sort of thing, as well as not being able to get in.
Some tips for getting your Instant Adventure on:
1) Clear your bags first. You’re going to get A LOT of crap, so make sure that you have the space for it.
2) Heal your soul. Duh.
3) Have some potions handy, as you never know what the group composition is going to be like, and you might not have a healer.
4) Level 44 and below will Mentor you down for IA in the first two zones for your faction. Level 45 and above will keep you at your level, in Stillmore and Shimmersands, and have you fighting level 48-50 mobs (usually 50).
5) IA is a great way to get mats for crafting. Make sure to skin/gather everything around you.
6) Keep an eye out for sparklies!
Typefrag – The leader in online voice communication.
If you want your own Typefrag server, then check out typefrag.com and use the coupon code MMOREPORTER for 25% off your first month’s hosting.
Dragonchasers likes patch 1.9 Particularly Summerfest and Mentoring
Syp likes patch 1.9
Announcing the Rift Reporter Dungeon Face Off! Celebratory battle, completing MDD
Last week’s poll:
Which Storm Legion announcement excites you most?
4 new souls 60%
10 More Level 0%
New Raids 0%
New Instances 0%
6 new zones 0%
This week’s poll:
Are you leveling your Fishing and Survival skill?
Yes, Already Max Level
Yes, working on it
No – but I will soon!
No – Don’t care!
iTunes 5 Star
Ceici from Faeblight
Thanks to the person who let me know about the flame squirrels. Lost your email but found the squirrel. Thanks!
|Print article||This entry was posted by Sallennia on July 8, 2012 at 2:04 am, and is filed under General, Rift, Rift Reporter. Follow any responses to this post through RSS 2.0. You can leave a response or trackback from your own site.|