TOR Reporter Episode 40– A Sad Goodbye to Josh…
Josh, Anexxia and Chris each close in on level 50, geek out over the plethora of SWTOR quality of life news, and plot how to obtain a refer-a-friend speeder. And finally, Chris, Anexxia and our chat room regulars give a fond sendoff to departing TOR Reporter co-host Josh.
- Ran The Foundry – thought it was new because of HK-47
- WHOA: this story is awesome! How did this not get spoiled for me?
- On a semi-related note, I am no longer a Revanite
- Got over the 1mil credits mark on my new server! Huzzah!
- Only up to 45 on my Sage — I swear 44 to 50 takes eons…
- Decided the Smuggler will be my next alt to level to 50.
- Starting to give up hope of server transfer for my Sorcerer, so rerolled another sorcerer on Canderous Ordo…
- YEAH! Finally off Belsavis. Onto Voss!
- Also playing the moving boxes game.
ANEXXIA: Official SWTOR Podcast #2
JOSH: Voidstar Match Draws Confirmed to Randomly Credit the Win
CHRIS: Group Finder to Soon Return You to Your Starting Location
ANEXXIA: Hide Helm Coming Soon to a Companion Near You?
JOSH: Free Trial and Refer-a-Friend Launch
CHRIS: And former players get free playtime too — 7 Days
ANEXXIA: Ongoing Server Health Activities
JOSH: Group Finder Guide Part 2
How to leave a game/guild (or a podcast), graciously…
It’s really not that hard to leave a guild with style, leaving the door open for your potential eventual return, and reinforcing the friendships you are leaving behind. A few tips:
- Make a thoughtful goodbye post. Let folks know how they can find you now that you’ve left the game/guild
- State honestly, but courteously, why you are leaving. Good examples are: leaving to raid more, to raid less, to play on another server with RL friends/spouse, or you joined a gaming company and can no longer play with your friends on the podcast each week.
- If you’re leaving because your RL is a bully or you have another such personal conflict with a guildie, or because Chris keeps beating you in PvP battles, your goodbye note is not the right place to get into those gory details. You are trying to make a graceful exit after all, remember? Stick with something honest but more general in such a case, such as the guild did not turn out to be quite the fit you are looking for.
For more do’s and dont’s see: http://www.furlinedteacup.com/bibleofdreams/2010/07/leaving-your-guild-without-burning-bridges.html
Browsing the Holonet
ANEXXIA: Search Terms for New Synthweaving and Armormech Schematics on the GTN
JOSH: Georg Zoeller Leaves Bioware…to move to Singapore?
CHRIS: Course of the Force
Like us on FB:https://www.facebook.com/torreporter
Keep in touch w/Josh right here:
Josh on twitter @jaugustine
Josh’s steam ID: ambiguous http://steamcommunity.com/id/ambiguous
|Print article||This entry was posted by anexxia on July 16, 2012 at 2:37 am, and is filed under General, Star Wars: The Old Republic, TOR Reporter Podcast. Follow any responses to this post through RSS 2.0. You can leave a response or trackback from your own site.|