Rift Reporter Episode 60 – Mentor Me
This week we talk about Fun with Mentoring, the armored Tiger Mount, and some non-news about Storm Legion!
What we did in-game this week:
- Dungeon Face offs, both last week and this. SOOOO much fun! Once again doing speed runs, but we spent some time getting achievements this week in IT, so we took a bit longer there.
- Tested out Mentoring a bit more, opting to play my Mage levelled down instead of going back to my rogue. Did some IA, some Questing in Stonefield, and a regular run of DSM, and DD. Love the way it works, still having all your abilities, but not being over powered.
- Used my few summer fest tokens for a few ‘fun’ prizes and a new costume piece. Yay for wardrobe changes!
- Rogue leveling. Almost exclusively through Instant Adventure. Tons of fun and amazingly fast once you get going and use your XP pots. Got through level 49-50 in just under 1 hour. Awesome!
- A few lower leveled runs as a Mentor. Fun, but not too challenging. Ran DSM and DD.
- Summer Festival was the first festival that I didn’t actively participate in, and I don’t think that I missed much.
News from the Rift
Armored Tiger now available for Purchase $15
- Big Discussion in the forums: http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-general-discussions/general-discussion/325458-armored-tiger-mount-15-a.html
Zam’s Exclusive Storm Legion Interview
- Things like that are still to be confirmed, but the bulk of the game will almost certainly be 50-plus content
- Starting date – we don’t have confirmation yet. There will be a beta for the players, definitely
MMO Reporter PAX Meetup:
- In Seattle for a social meet up Thursday August 30th, at the Elephant and Castle, (under the Red Lion Grand Hotel), Downtown Seattle at 7pm. Please RSVP
Fire Quests from patch 1.8 will be turned into the Fire Quest Saga
The community asks, when is this happening? Elrar answers :
It’s still very much on our radar but as I said then it might take us a bit to get it hooked up so that it’s functional as a stand-alone quest.
We have other World Events and new updates that need to continue to be made too – so unfortunately I can’t give a firm date, but they want to make it happen as soon as the schedule allows!
Level 50 Raid Rift/Raid/Instance/Rift Dailies: WTF?
In level 50, or Meridian/Sanctum chat, you’ll often see people looking for the DRR. This stands for Daily Raid Rift, and is a specific raid rift that players will want to run that day because there is a daily quest associated with it.
Where do you get there quests?
Guardian: In sanctum, in the actual Sanctum of the Vigil building, one of the rooms should have a whole bunch of vendors selling planar goods. There should be a female guard-looking figure called Abbess Katia. Speak to her for the weekly ‘participate in 4 zone events in Stillmoor/ISS/SS’. The Daily Raid Rift and the Daily Expert Rift quests should also be given to you by Abbess Katia.
Defiant: In the Planar College, through the crafting area, is where you’ll find Raj Tahleed, the quest giver.
Why would you want to do them?
You’ll get a healthy amount of XP and platinum, as well as several Inscribed Sourcestones for your trouble.
A few pieces of advice:
1) Make sure that if you didn’t complete the previous weekly/daily, that you remove it from your quest log. The new quest won’t show up if you still have the old one.
2) Empty your bags! Great look, and lots of crap, will drop when you run these DRRs. Make sure that you have the space in your bags!
3) Heal your soul!
4) Try to get a few of the lures needed so that you can help out if there is a lack of lures. Nothing like having a raid ready to go at a Tear and no-one with the lure!
Trion snares Scott Hartsman and makes him answer question on Reddit – Ask Me Anything
Massively’s The Rift Project
- Pretty simple, really. I wanted to try roleplaying for a month with no expectation that there would be another month. Let character dramas evolve naturally without the usual hand of authorial intent to keep things in check. If character A should really be stabbing the heck out of character B right about now, then let’s get with the stabbing. And if someone does something appropriately smart or clever, he or she might get to make some long-standing changes to the environment, at least in a conceptual state.
Return to Telara, returning players could play for free last weekend, including high level characters…..
- Except they had some issues to start off with!
Last week’s poll:
Are you leveling your Fishing and Survival skill?
Yes, working on it 71%
No – but I will soon! 14.5%
No – Don’t care! 14.5%
Yes, Already Max Level 0
This week’s poll:
Now that Chris has leveled his Rogue, which calling should he level next:
Dungeon Face Off
Darkening Deeps VS Foul Cascade
Team: DD, several epic boss fights as well as the gauntlet make it a more exciting dungeon, although FC, being one of the earlier dungeons, and the first with that awesome Rift give it a soft place in our hearts.
Chris: Darkening Deeps – The fights are just way more interesting. I like the visual and layout of Foul Cascade better though.
Caduceus Rise Lower VS Iron Tomb
Team: CR, the shear beauty of it made it a favorite, as well as the higher difficulty level of the boss fights, although it was fun to get some new achievements in IT, making it a bit harder, we actually wiped a few times!
Sallennia: Same, love the difficulty of Coalgut, and Caduceus fights.
Chris: CR – Although not by much. The Ellium fight is fun in Iron Tomb, and I will forever be grateful that there are no “shards” in the Expert mode, as the regular Iron Tomb is one of my least favourites because of them.
- From Doug
..…But I am glad you found your fire squirrel. Tell Selena all the different planes of squirrel pets are there. My favorite is the death squirrel. Keep up the great podcast!
PS If I gank you in Conquest I am sorry =(
- From Ammalis warrior of Icewatch
Hello Chris and Sallennia!
I was listening ep 57 of your podcast and I’m having some comments.
The thing I loved most in patch 1.9 is Stylist option – My Bhami have redder hair, paler skin different marks etc… Changing your characters is pure fun.
About deleting maze option – I was trying to use it. It was terrible. Fun and great idea, but on laggy Icewatch (EU) server it was unplayable. Camera was jumping every second and I was feeling at first dizzy and later sick. I thought, that I’m going to skip event if I have to get into this maze again.
Scavenger hunt – it was fun for me. I’ve cheated a bit in Moonglade challenge – I was using water breathing trinket from past event. Challenge I loved most was jumping into waterfall one. I loved Stilmoore one to – running to checkpoints was fun. I’m going to hunt for pets now. Didn’t see any of them yet.
New IA’s are fun. They can mentor you down even when you are lvl 50, you just didn’t have luck… About grouping etiquette – it looks like it is different on every shard. On EU (Steampeake and Icewatch) every one is needing on crafting dusts.
Weekly poll answer from not Facebook user: Yes, working on it (I’m around 200 both skills).
You didn’t mention about EU server structure change. They left only 4 English speaking shards (closing the rest) and put all EU shards into one huge battlegroup. It is creating lots of communication problems in LFG and WF. Playing with players using FR and DE clients is problem – they for example are using different names for places, mobs, bosses and skills. Google translate is helping, but not enough. Conquest is full in fist 20 sec. It need to settle a bit. Almost every one from closing servers came to Icewatch, which effect with 40+ min queue. It is like at launch.
I’m sorry if I messed my message – English is not my primary language.
Love the show. Can’t wait to hear next episode.
Ammalis warrior from Icewatch
name is pronounced like (um-malice)
|Print article||This entry was posted by Sallennia on August 3, 2012 at 4:09 pm, and is filed under General, Podcast, Rift Reporter. Follow any responses to this post through RSS 2.0. You can leave a response or trackback from your own site.|