Rift Reporter Episode 61 – Harbinger Cometh
This week we talk about the announcement of the up-coming new Mage soul, the Harbinger! And a few other things too!
What we did in-game this week:
- Dungeon Face Off’s
- Crafting Catch Up – Turns out I had several stacks of fabrics, and leather just waiting to be crafting!
- Made Chris’ rogue his tanking gear, and runes to go with
- Expert Dungeons on my Rogue
- Trying to get my crafting caught up, and working through Stonefield now. Leveling Mining, Gathering??, Weaponsmith, Fishing and Survival all at the same time. Slow going to make sure they all match, but worth it, as I can stay in one zone while I work.
- Dungeon Face Off
- Ember Isle quests, getting all the way points.
News from the Rift
Mage Soul Livestream – Harbinger run through in Empyrien Core Dungeon in Brevane, deep under the Tower of Dawn.
- Harbinger – A melee based DPS soul ie Battle Mage
- Transmutes existing weapons into one of three options: Scythe, 2 Handed Sword and Axe(s)?
- A new “Mage Armor” spell- Eldritch Armor, that gives the Harbinger more survivability, and also has an “insta cast” proc. It also has a self heal, parry, dodge, and absorbs damage.
- Skills to charge forward, and blink back.
- You will be able to use some of the melee skills at range as you port back out of the way, having magic base to those skills.
- Air and life based. Work well with Chloromancer. A possible ‘icar like build for mages? According to the dev team, yes. The Chlorobinger/Harmancer (that’s just my name for it) would do melee DPS and AOE heals. Great for PVP
- With the different procs and changes to skills based on which weapon you use, macros won’t always be as effective. You’ll need to pay attention to your skills as you play.
- Stormcaller/Harbinger also a natural pairing (both being air based), and Pyro Harbinger is pretty awesome despite being opposite type designs. (Cast time and distance used in Pyro vs. Harbinger)
- Lots of changes to other mage souls as well as added tiers in each soul tree as well as more roots with the added 10 levels. They are adjusted the less popular souls to make them more useful.
- Chloro is seeing some major changes, ‘divorcing’ the damage to healing skills. Heals done will be based more on cast time, but you can still get a big heal on an instant cast that is triggered with Opportunity Proc etc.
- Dungeons will be adjusted to make them more Melee friendly as well.
Highlights at Riftjunkies: http://www.riftjunkies.com/2012/08/11/introducing-the-harbinger-810-live-stream-highlights/
Trion updates its Terms of Service:
- New Rules to Govern Virtual Property: Trion may offer the option to purchase Virtual Currency and/or Virtual Goods (collectively, “Virtual Items”). We have incorporated rules to govern Virtual Items to ensure that users will have a better understanding of their rights in connection with the use of such Virtual Items. Users with Virtual Items are granted a limited, revocable, non-transferable license to use the Virtual Items, and users have no ownership or property rights in such items. Virtual Items are non-refundable, have no monetary value, and cannot be redeemed for money, goods, or other items of monetary value.
History of Telara–LoreQ&A
- Share your questions with us and in the next couple of weeks we’ll release a full blown Q&A answering as many of your questions as we can!
Protocol for rolling on recipes in dungeons
The Guardians (Fan Song and Poem)
Last week’s poll:
Now that Chris has leveled his Rogue, which calling should he level next:
This week’s poll:
Do you approve of the Harbinger as the new mage soul?
Yes, it’s awesome.
Yes, it’s ok
No, it’s not great
No, it’s horrible.
Dungeon Face Off
Runic Descent VS Charmers Caldera
Team – Charmers Calders – better boss fights
Chris - Charmer’s Caldera
Sallennia – Charmers Caldera
Chat Room – 1 vote Charmer’s
This week: with guest Velent
Realm of the Fae VS Kings Breach.
Team – ROTF – Better fights and much prettier scenery, difference of seasons
Chris – ROTF
Sallennia – ROTF
Chat Room – ROTF
MMO Reporter Meetup
|Print article||This entry was posted by Sallennia on August 17, 2012 at 11:25 pm, and is filed under General, Rift Reporter. Follow any responses to this post through RSS 2.0. You can leave a response or trackback from your own site.|