LOTRO Reporter 156 – Oh Snap! Rohan Be Out!
Cari and Layanor were left alone this week to host the show while Chris was away. We discussed LOTRO underwear, shirtless dwarves, and a little thing called Riders of Rohan. We may never be left without adult supervision again.
What We Did This Week
Layanor- Rohan Rohan Rohan! Got to level 81 and halfway to 82.
Cari- Finished up the Harvestmath Festival. No Glowy Boney horse for her. Helped a Kinmate do some of her Limlight Gorge starter quests. Rode into Rohan did some of the epic quest. No War-steed just yet.
Chris- Is away at a super secret meeting. He’ll be back next week.
Oh snap! Rohan be out!
- Eastern Rohan Region is now open
- Epic story continues
- War-steeds have been added
- Mounted Combat has been added
- New Tier 8 crafting items
- The Moors have been revamped
- Level cap has been raised to level 85
General Changes That Came With Rohan
- Many poison, disease, fear, and wound effects will now drop from players shortly after combat ends.
- Your selected target now has a tracking icon in the radar
- The caps on Outgoing Healing, Tactical Mastery and Physical Mastery have been increased.
- Looting corpses is now possible while mounted!
- Dyes will now show their dye color when examined in the vault.
- Khuzdul Tablets, Rusted Dwarf Tools and Bright Emblems of Nimrodel can now be traded in for Fused Tier 1 and Fused Tier 2 relics.
- Tasks across the game will now require only 10 trophies for completion, excepting special cases (like the Limlight Gorge.)
- Race Tokens from the 2011 Summer Festival will now turn into Festival Tickets when placed in your inventory.
- When you encounter a monster that can grant you a quest when you kill it or approach it, you will now see quest icons over their heads that, like NPC quest icons, will change state depending on if the quests are fully available, part of the epic book, require a purchase from the LOTRO Store, or are on cooldown.
- A new horse is available from the Heroes of Limlight Gorge reputation vendor.
- All the horses in your mount tab are now categorized into Festival, Promotional, Reputation, Deed, Festival & Event, Standard, Exclusive, and War-Steed.
- New items in your bag no longer have the red mark. They now glitter like a neon sign.
- Auto looting in Rohan is sweet!
- Shirtless dwarf cosmetic in the store. 995 TP http://twitter.yfrog.com/z/15631ij
Turbine is being sued for patent infringement.
- Treehouse is suing Turbine for patent infringement after getting a patent on May 15 for “Method And System For Presenting Data Over A Network Based On Network User Choices And Collecting Real-Time Data Related To Said Choices”
Massivly’s Rohan Pre-Launch Guide
- Syp put together a great list of links to articles that were written before the launch. Still good information.
- Massively’s article a bit out of date since Rohan is out, but it has great information all in one place.
Did You Know
A couple small did you knows today.
When you do not want to use your skirmish soldier when you are questing. You probably closed the icon to take it off your screen.
So how do you get them back?
You right click on your character portrait and click on toggle UIs. Then landscape soldier vitals. That will bring it back!
Also as another tip. Some players think that you need to shut your game down to install plugins. That is no longer the case. You just need to put them in the plugins folder. Then look for the up arrow on your skill bar. Click on that, then hover over system. Then finally click on plugin manager. If your new plugins are not there, just hit refresh to load them in.
Show ends here due to technical difficulties. Check out the links for what we WOULD have talked about.
Erebrandir’s Horseshoe – What is it good for?
Sapience gave us some hints about what that horseshoe is good for.
- Helps with parts of the Epic
- Helps with some festivals
- The Dwarves at the harvest festival told us it helps there.
- Sapience says it will be good for something at the Winter Festival
Some of the Guild Halls for crafting have moved.
- Guild Halls Have moved
- New Vault Keepers have been popping up all over the place.
- You now only need to right click your guild rep items. Just like the other rep items.
I love your new hosts, Cari & Layanor. The show seems much more energetic with the new chemistry and I really enjoyed it. Thanks for all your time and hard work. I’ve discovered that I’m a ‘hard core’ player. Who would have guessed?
Thank you again,
Kazren (who has been playing for 1 year and has 6 level 75s and a few others working their way up.)
facebook: LOTRO Reporter
Cari Twitter: @thecarimac
Layanor Twitter: @Layanor
|Print article||This entry was posted by Carimac on October 21, 2012 at 8:59 pm, and is filed under General, LOTRO, LOTRO Reporter Podcast. Follow any responses to this post through RSS 2.0. You can leave a response or trackback from your own site.|