Guild Wars Reporter Episode 35 – Race Wars 2
This week Chris and Celeste delve into the underlying issue with people choosing Humans as a playable race, some short details for the Halloween festival, and when we’ll be seeing the next major update for Guild Wars 2.
What We Did This Week
- trying to get to 100%, only need to finish up 5 more zones +wvw POI & vistas
- Branch 2 of Catacombs (Ghost Eater), Twilight Arbor Story Mode 3 times in one night
- rerolled my ele, keep hitting a wall at around lv 14 where I have no survivability
- OMG life is busy!
- Baltimore (The Elder Scrolls Online) and Extra-Life took over my life!
- Game time = 15 minutes. I am a sad little Asura
Lion’s Arch Report
Halloween – Shadow of the Mad King
- this won’t get started until right before we record so you’ll have to wait and see what’s happening with the events yourself or in our next episode
- based on the PCG preview (http://www.pcgamer.com/2012/10/22/guild-wars-2-halloween-update-video-chris-and-tom-try-on-costumes-throw-things-at-kids/) it looks like all the NPCs for Halloween have candy corns or pumpkins above their heads so it’ll be hard to miss at least the most basic elements of the festival
- Be sure to get through the holiday themed content quickly as this festival will be in 4 acts and we won’t know what will be removed until the next act is enabled
- Paid PvP tournaments go live as well
Colin Johanson on the Bar Brawl
- “massive November update”
- a few thoughts, as I’m going through the charr homelands, the heart letters are amazingly accurate and well crafted compared to the stuff on the human side, several of the writers have said that players are missing out on a majority of the well written and thought out portion of the game as a result of sticking to human or human-ish races.
Gem Cards At Retail Stores
- Nervous about letting ArenaNet have your credit card number for all time? Sharing your account with a younger sibling/child?
Mobile Authenticator using Google
Ask An Asuran
Fine Material Crafting Revamp
- revising runes and insignias (and subsequently armors) to be easier to craft with smaller and more varied requirements
- “If I need 60+ (example) bone fragments to craft a set of gear and I’m recovering one every 10 kills.. that’s 600 mobs I have to farm through for a set of equipment I’ll wear for five levels before repeating the process.” – Edge
- Instead it makes more sense for this to be changed to using 2-3 of each component rather than 8 of one particular crafting material (bones, totems, venom sacs, etc)
- The original poster (bargamer) illustrates that you could have a lot more versatility and opportunity for discovery bonuses if each material could yield a specific bonus (healing power, condition damage, or vitality)
Tales of Tyria
- created a middle man website that accesses the official data from the trading post and can illustrate price changes over time, and pings it every hour for an updated price
- a preview of what we can expect from apps once they open a mobile dev api’s
Request for community events of the week/bi-week. Send us an email!
If you’ve got a burning question for our Ask an Asuran segment, please let us know!
Retraction – Last episode Celeste mentioned that to make Eternity you need to have 2 twilights and 2 sunrises, where in reality you need 1 of each, a gift of mastery and a gift of fortune according to the wiki. Thanks to MojoVersion8 for pointing it out! Also, there are 301 hearts in the world. Everyone else is a zombie. Thank you!
|Print article||This entry was posted by Celeste on October 27, 2012 at 2:51 pm, and is filed under General, Guild Wars 2, Guild Wars Reporter Podcast, Podcast. Follow any responses to this post through RSS 2.0. You can leave a response or trackback from your own site.|