LOTRO Reporter Episode 157 – Where Is My War-steed?
What We Did in Game
- Hit level 85 on Wednesday.
- Layanorville is looking awesome.
- Joined a scraid and crashed at the end of it.
- Crashing constantly.
- Did some of the Rohan Epic story,
- Did the epic-est of epic scraid,
- Crafted and cleaned out vault and shared storage. Rohan has lots of stuff that needs to be stored.
- Ding 76
- Going through the Eastern Wall section, following the epic story.
- Where’s my War Steed? I want it NOW!
Layanor – Release Notes Update 8.0.2
Turbine tries to fix the crash problems (Le Lay Rant)
- A client crash that would occur on some machines with low video memory has been fixed.
- A client crash that would occur on some machines with a 32-bit OS has been fixed.
- A game server crash that would happen in rare circumstances has been fixed.
Forum Post RE Undocumented Changes in ROR
Some of the fun stuff that’s been reported:
- moon has phases now
- sky / weather / lightning different
- LI only glowing while fighting
- Vault in the Moors
- Some of the cloaks changed levels.
- The different stances are disabled when you are on a horse. It takes a second or so for the correct stance to kick in.
Turbine hires some new directors
Ken Rolston – Director of Design role at Turbine
His works include -
- Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning – (executive designer)
- Morrowind – (lead designer)
- Oblivion – (lead designer)
Alan Villani – Vice President of Technology and responsible for driving “online engagement and monetization.”
His works include -
- Mortal Kombat
Jai Singh – Director of technical operations
- Former manager of Zynga who has done -
Turbine plans to remove the extra 20 cosmetic slots in update 8.1
“VIPs were incorrectly awarded an additional 20 shared wardrobe slots with Update 8. Due to this error several store offers for shared storage are not working correctly for VIPs and have been disabled. This issue will be resolved in Update 8.1. The additional slots will be removed from VIPs and the correct store offers returned to the LOTRO Store. We strongly encourage all VIPS to not use the additional slots as items stored in those slots may become unavailable when 8.1 goes live.”
The theory is, if you have 106 of 110 slots currently as a VIP. It will change to 106 of 90 when update 8.1 goes live. The only functional difference for you is that can not add anything to the wardrobe unless you buy 20 more slots. You can use the 106 items any way you like.
You remove an item. You will go to 105 of 90. You can’t put a replacement item under to reach 89 of 90.
This is not confirmed tho and only a theory. Some have said those 20 slots will lock. Others say those 20 will just be deleted. Even if something is in the slot.
Palantir private preview program is taking applications
- Palantir program has changed. If you get in, you will be a member for 6 months. When that time is up, you can not reapply for 6 months.
Price of cosmetics for War-steeds
- 595 for four colors
- Per character.
Did You Know
Resource instances *Or crafting instances*
Everyone is playing Rohan right now and are wondering where the heck are the three new crafting instances. What you need to do is get to level 84. This will let you start questing at Hytbold in the Sutcrofts. This will lead you on a quest chain to rebuild the entire town. Once you do some of these quests, you can pick what to rebuild. You want to pick one of these three.
- Rebuild Library
- Rebuild Lumber mill
- Rebuild Metalsmith
Once you have done that, you must then build a superior workbench for the one you picked.
A barter NPC with a new quest will show up in the crafters section of Hybolt and he will have the new resource instance.
The Scholar quest has new legendary titles to pick.
The Prospector quest has tier 5 sealed relics as well as the new Compendium 4 crafting item.
And the Woodworkers quest lets you select more tier 5 sealed relics.
Each resource instance feels very close to the old ones in Moria. In fact I believe they took three of the Moria maps, scraped the old look of the place and added a somewhat new look to them. Even the music feels like the old songs.
And that was did you know
Casual Stroll to Mordor Interview with Chance Thomas
A 35 minutes interview with the composer of “The Riders of Rohan”
- His influences
- Getting involved into Middle Earth games
- Process for writing a score
- Transferring Tolkien’s world to music
- The challenge of writing music that connects with players
- How important video game music has become
Journey Through Middle Earth Contest
- Screenshot contest for different regions throughout the game, take a screenshot, upload it to the site, and create a postcard out of it.
- Chance to win 1500 TP points.
- You must have a Facebook account and allow the app to have access to your account to enter.
- You must upload your postcard to Facebook or Twitter.
Pumpkin carving Contest
Turbine will accept digital photographs of entries from October 19th through November 2nd, 2012.
- For the Best Lord of the Rings Online Pumpkin, win the following for your LOTRO game account:
- 3000 Turbine Points for the LOTRO Store
- Custom Forum Title: “Master Carver (2012)”
- One runner-up in this category will receive a custom forum title: “Master Carver (2012)”
- Eligible winning entries may even be featured on the official websites!
A look at Legendary Bridles Part 1 by Pineleaf
- How to get a bridle
- The bridle types
- Major and minor legacies list
- Touches on the relics but will cover that more later
Rohan content being covered by LOTRO Strategy
This blog is covering a lot of Rohan things such as:
- Hytbold quests
- Rohan guides
- He uses plenty of screenshots, maps, and even animated gifts when they are needed.
Very nice comment on episode 156
Been seeing lots of good info in the show-notes lately. Is that something I can attribute to y’all or to just plain more info coming out due to the xpac? Anyway, good stuff!
I always want to listen in on the show, but then I realized I’d rather play the game myself, heh. I do catch up when I’m on the road.
You been hitting up any skraids, Layanor?
We got an Email:
Hello oh wise and learned staff of lotro reporter. I was hoping you could answer two questions for me, possibly as part of a Did You Know, or just something to fill the airspace on your always entertaining/informative podcast.
1) Is there any way to get rid of pesky names that pop up as autocomplete options when you send mail? I once accidentally mistyped a kinmenber’s name, and that erroneous name now always comes up as an option along with the correct name. I of course keep clicking the wrong one.
2) Could you explain the making of relics and gems and settings for insertion into a legendary bridle? This one has got me stumped. No matter what I do, I can’t seem to get any to appear in the list for bridles. I’m guessing you have to decon bridles specifically in order for anything to be slottable? Some light shed by Layanor on this subject would be most welcome.
Facebook: LOTRO Reporter
Cari Twitter: @thecarimac
Layanor Twitter: @Layanor
|Print article||This entry was posted by Carimac on October 28, 2012 at 7:20 pm, and is filed under General, LOTRO Reporter Podcast. Follow any responses to this post through RSS 2.0. You can leave a response or trackback from your own site.|