Rift Reporter Episode 69 – A Sledding we will go
Chris and Sallennia talk about the Layoff at Trion Worlds, Endless Eclipse, and Fae Yule! Merry Christmas!
What we did in game:
- Built my storage shed in my Dimension
- Almost to level 52, been questing in Brevane: Cape Jule
- Completed Exodus of the Storm Queen with guild mates. Very fun!
- Upgraded my River of Souls staff with a random Blue drop donated to me by Drezzden in our guild. CRAZY!
- Leveled up my crafting a bit more, and purchased a bunch of new recipes, but still haven’t even looked at Runecrafting.
- Got to do my favorite quest in Cape Jule, but it is slightly different than during Beta. Also died, three times trying to finish one stage of a quest that is significantly harder now than in Beta, but it was too easy to start with.
- Checked out the Fae Yule Festival, did some sledding… or a lot of sledding. Had a snowball fight.. handed out some gifts.
- Exodus of the Storm Queen with guildies. Fun!
- Leveling through Carnage Quests
- Leveling my warrior. Almost level 51, and having fun in Peledane
- FAE YULE!
News from the Rift
Layoffs at Trion Worlds
Patch 2.1-Endless Eclipse Dec 12
- raiders can face off with the Destroyer in a 20-player raid that spans the planes of existence. Meanwhile, a new Chronicle reveals the fate of the Frozen Tempest campaign, while Guardians and Defiant across Telara join Grandfather Frost in the celebration of Fae Yule!
Recent noteworthy patch notes:
- The item limits for all Dimensions have increased!
- Ascended on foot should now move faster through the world, both in and out of combat. This is additive with other movement speed buffs, but not changing the movement rate while mounted at this time. Please give feedback about this test change!
- STEPPES OF INFINITY
- * Even though it was pretty awesome, the super high “water” area where you could swim up into the sky has been removed.
- * Soul Walking now displays the countdown time on the casting bar UI to make it more visible!
- * While Soul Walking you now also see an aggro radius indicator around aggressive NPCs
Fae Yule Festival Returns
Head to Sanctum and Meridian to participate in the Fae Yule Festival! Daily quests abound, including snowball fights, handing out presents and cheer, and the awesomesauce Sledding! (travel through the portal to sled, over and over and over…) Many awesome rewards available to purchase with your snowflakes, including festive Dimension items, and there is also the festival mount, the christmas Vayuii.
Instant Adventure gets festive
Join in a series of Fae Yule adventures from Freemarch, Silverwood, and Scarwood Reach to Cape Jule, Pelladane, and Ashora. Each zone features a village the Ascended will help build and decorate in the spirit of the season. Deck the halls to the Fae’s content to summon an exclusive vendor for your shard, unlocking gifts including a special helm, bags, new pets, and mounts!
Very Merry Whitefall Steppes
Mastered sledding and snowballs and looking for more? Dive into a wintery alt-mode Whitefall Steppes where one person will be “gifted” with an extra-special Yuletide form – at least until it’s stolen by magic and blade. Stock your base with presents to win, but don’t be caught holding the Fae Yule Cake…
Claim your Winter Cape and Dimension items
Fae Yule Presents
Treat your Dimensions with the Candy Canes housing item by signing up for the RIFT Watch newsletter before December 17. Already receiving the newsletter? You’re automatically eligible! The code to claim your gift will arrive in your December RIFT Watch.
Visit our Facebook page and click on the “Fae Yule Present” button to receive another Dimension item – the Fae Yule Gift Pile.
Soul abilities that have ranks will now be automagically upgraded when you level up, removing the need to return to a trainer and purchase new ranks.
Winter Subscription Sale
Save 30% on 6 months subscriptions!
Tier 3 Planar Attunement coming soon-Rift Junkies
Storm Legion Review and Contest
What is your favorite addition from SL
Story Quests 50%
Gear Sets 0%
What was your favorite thing about the Fae Yule Festival:
In game consumables
Nothing, I don’t do festivals
|Print article||This entry was posted by Sallennia on December 24, 2012 at 3:13 pm, and is filed under General, Rift Reporter. Follow any responses to this post through RSS 2.0. You can leave a response or trackback from your own site.|