LOTRO Reporter 165 – Update 9 Galore
Cari and Layanor cover server down times update 9 and cosmetics.
What We Did This Week
Have done all of the new 3 mans
Tried to do the new Tier 2 swordhalls
Building up 300 gold to buy a new second age weapon.
Ran Carn Dum with my guild. I can’t imagine how people ran that on level.
Did some more questing in the Wold
Tried to update the game on Monday. Ended up doing a clean install.
Hotfix Today Server Downtime:
- UPDATE: Sapience has given reasons for the quick schedule and the update in a forum post
- They had two options to fix the new 3 man instance quests. Today or as late as January.
- They decided to do it as soon as possible and not make everyone wait.
- However the LOTRO community is reporting many other reasons why the the server is down.
- The elves were too drunk.
- Rivendell Tuesday rave is doing a vampire theme this year and the server just could not be on during that. It is very lore breaking.
- Rowan has decided to make the game run at 48 frames per second to match the theme of the hobbit movies. This broke the server and they have since cut him off from the spiked eggnog table.
- Gandalf was throwing a bring your own brown bag party. You shall not! Play beer pong.
- Sapience ran out of marshmallows for his cocoa and close the place down till he got back. He then got caught up in a flash mob at the mall and was last seen at Walmart dancing to “Call Me Maybe”
- Aragorn was hitting on to many women in the house of healing again. “Hey baby. Come here often? Hail to the king baby.”
- jewahe @Layanor Bugud went to see The Hobbit.
- a hacker caused shirtless, hotpants wearing dwarves to spawn endlessly around middle earth
Twitter Developer Chat Coming Dec 20
- Casual Stroll to Mordor is going to ask the devs some questions over twitter.
- The devs are
- Senior Producer Aaron “Rowan” Campbell
- Lead Systems Designer Matt “HorseDev” Zimmitti
- World Designer Matt “Scarycrow” Fahey
- Senior Content Designer Lauren “Budgeford” Salk
- Senior Content designer Joe “JWBarry” Barry
- LOTRO Community Manager Rick “Sapience” Heaton
- They ask that you make the question short so they can tweet the full question back with a answer.
Dev Diary talks about the Travel to Quest Giver Mechanic
- Explains what the new system is and how it works.
- In your quest tracker you can click a new icon to travel directly to your NPC to turn in that quest.
- The item you need to do this with is called Traveller’s Writ and can only be bought in the lotro store.
- This article also talks about how ho
- x1: 20TP, x5: 50TP, x25: 225 TP
Instance Cluster Part 1 Dev Diary
Gives background story and design ideas about Webs of the Scuttledells, Seat of the Great Goblin, and Iorbar’s Peak.
Also talks about Dol Guldur, and the new loot in chest rule changes.
Update 9 Combat Revisions Dev Diary
- Interrupt Revision
- Interrupts will now cancel the induction and disable the interrupted skill for 4s
- They want interrupts to be something used at key moments, not just another rotation filler.
- Addled cooldown has been increased from 15s to 20s.
- Clobber cooldown has been increased from 5s to 10s
- lindside cooldown has been reduced from 20s to 12s.
- Boot, Onslaught, and Wall of Steel share a 15s interrupt cooldown.
- Gut Punch cooldown reduced from 15s to 10s.
- Fracture cooldown increased from 10s to 15s.
- Brawler Stance now reduces Fracture cooldown by 5s.
- Pounce and Sudden Pounce cooldowns increased from 10s to 15s.
- Raking Claw Brute effect has been replaced with a 50% Induction
- Critical Defence Revision
- Instead of reducing Critical Hit chance, Critical Defence will now reduce the magnitude of incoming critical damage.
- Miss Chance Revision
- Ranged and Melee (tactical never miss already) skills will not miss, unless your Miss Chance has been increased by an external source (debuff)
Moria Revamp Part 2:
- Each area is at its own quest level. Such as The Redhorn Lodes (level 56) The Flaming Deeps (level 57).
- The Foundations of Stone is redone but is now completely optional.
- The Epic Story are Moria Instances are not updated.
Yule Festival Dev Diary
- New tiered deeds
- Several hand-held cosmetics, the new festival robe and a festival cloak are
- All available to everyone without needing to complete any deeds.
- New festival mount is unlocked after completing the first tier of the More the Merrier deeds, which requires you to complete 20 quests in Frostbluff
- All of your saved up Frostbluff Coins and Yule Festival Tokens will be converted to the new Festival Tokens
- Festival Runs Dec 17-Jan 1
- You need to do the dailies for 9 days to earn the More the Merrier Deed
Update 9 Release Notes
- Graphical updates to Bree and Archet
- Open Tapping & Remote Looting
- XP Disabler now available
- Universal Crafting Kit
- A number of NPCs and Monsters have had a good talking to and will now show up where they were intended to show up and not wherever the heck they darn well pleased.
- The item ‘calendar’ was incorrectly set to expire on 12/21/12. It has been updated to correctly expire on 9/17/2042.
Known Issues to update 9
- Due to the many changes in Bree-town, some players may find themselves stuck in places. Simply Map Home or use the /stuck command.
- The Khundolar Set webstore package does not include the Metal Braided Tail, and the Nightwood Set webstore package does not include the Diamond Banded Tail
- Remote looting does not function properly on skirmish and skirmish raid chests
- The level 85 Dol Guldur armour sets have incorrect armour values
Layanor – Did You Know™
Taken over by Cari
- You can put any cosmetic item OR armour piece into the wardrobe.
- The wardrobe makes a copy of the item and stores it there, however you still keep the original as well.
- The Wardrobe is free with 20 slots for VIPs and is accessible to all of your characters that are on a server together.
- You can purchase up to 120 wardrobe slots.
- You can dye all the items in your wardrobe multiple colors. There will be one copy with all the colors you add to it.
- When you remove an item from the wardrobe it’s gone poof. So make sure you still have your original item on your wardrobe dwarf.
- You can put items in your wardrobe like heavy armour or faction items and all your characters can wear them.
- You can unlock lots of outfit slots. I have them all unlocked. That way you can have your raid outfit, cold weather outfit, warm weather outfit. battle outfit, band outfit, drunken party outfit all set to go.
CSTM Yule Festival Guide is Available
Cosmetic LOTRO has the Yule festival cosmetics.
And pictures of the festival mount
The Lonely Mountain Band has a new album out. Songs of the Dwarves
- This is their third album.
- A musical project created by members of the Celtic rock group Fathom and fronted by Fathom lead singer John Di Bartolo.
- Galenhir, some know him as Galenswerd, is the minstrel I am in Middle-earth. He is the found of the Lonely Mountain Band Kinship
- My favorite song ever of their first album. http://minstrelsongs.com/track/teleri
Two new Horses in the Store:
A Hobbit House in PA
And also if you didn’t know. You could buy a Hobbit House chicken coop!
- In stock!
- ships free!
Classic LOTRO video. The Legend Of Townsfolk
A video dedicated to a hobbit that decided he really liked fishing… In the ettenmoors.
Service reminder we won’t have live shows until after the new year. See you all in 2013 assuming the world doesn’t end.
facebook: LOTRO Reporter
Cari Twitter: @thecarimac
Layanor Twitter: @Layanor
|Print article||This entry was posted by Carimac on December 27, 2012 at 5:56 pm, and is filed under General, LOTRO, LOTRO Reporter Podcast. Follow any responses to this post through RSS 2.0. You can leave a response or trackback from your own site.|