Guild Wars Reporter Episode 44 – Luminous Smiles and Gang Signs
Chris and Celeste lament that they can’t be in Colin Johanson’s luminous presence, talk about legendaries, sPvP improvments and how we want a smartphone app.
- Jumping Puzzles
- WvW with my ele
- Livestreamed some WuvWuv on Sunday night on my Engineer. Had a lot of fun! Actually a close fight this week. Only 20K points separate 1st and 3rd.
- Levelled my Elle to 7. Wanted to play more but damn RL got in the way.
Lion’s Arch Report
Colin Johanson (“Game Director” now) on the GW2 Forum about Scavenger Hunts
- This was something that we all thought would be added sooner rather than later
- Sapience’s “soon” (http://my.lotro.com/user-34/2010/09/13/a-brief-history-of-time-according-to-sapience/)
- “We are however working on expanding reward systems to make them more re-rewarding across all parts of the game, making the open world more rewarding, and adding new ways you can earn precursors as rewards via new reward systems taking advantage of our open persistent world.”
- Precursors will be dropping more steadily in all areas of the world? What does this mean for the value of them on the TP?
Will Offers a New Method to Attain a Precursor
- seems *incredibly* intense as far as the last “dungeon”
- probably less work than earning the gold to buy a precursor
- eliminates the RNG loss factor from combining exotics to get a precursor
Colin Johanson weighs in on the smartphone apps
- currently abandoned to work on the core game experience
- touts improvements to the core game and drop rates/rewards as the primary delay
Johnathan Sharp attempts to assuage spvp fears
- unfortunately this seemed to only upset some fans as everything indicated more delays and refocusing on custom arenas as opposed to tournament matchmaking
Colin Johanson lets us know that we record too early in the week to be relevant
- blog posts to focus on the six month plan for gw2 core
Tales of Tyria
Request for community events of the week/bi-week. Send us an email!
If you’ve got a burning question for our Ask an Asuran segment, please let us know!
Check out our new show on the network hosted by Josh Augustine: WoW Pet Battle Crew. Each week Josh tests a new Pet Battle team in World of Warcraft and puts together a guide that shows you how to get the pets and win battles with them. Join the WoW Pet Battle Crew and conquer the world, one critter at a time.
Check out our new widget (and link to our information page) on mmoreporter.com. We’re trying to send Harry Hol to PAX East! Rather than get a sponsor, we’re trying to go ad free for our content this time around, and we want your help! Click to donate or on the link below the widget to find out more information.
|Print article||This entry was posted by Celeste on January 20, 2013 at 4:20 pm, and is filed under General, Guild Wars 2, Guild Wars Reporter Podcast, Podcast. Follow any responses to this post through RSS 2.0. You can leave a response or trackback from your own site.|