Guild Wars Reporter Episode 45 – A January Patchwork
Chris and Celeste jump back and forth through all the new changes coming with the January 28th patch.
What We Did This Week
- fractals on friday
- necro to lv 9
- deleted my warrior to make another guardian… again.
- Not much game time. Too many interviews/real world things
Lion’s Arch Report
Guild Wars 2’s 6 Month Plan
- http://www.zam.com/story.html?story=31599&storypage=2 – quick bulletpoints of the developer talks last week
- making wvw rewarding
- improvements to orr
Flame and Frost: Prelude
- my initial thought was that we might be setting the stage for Jormag but @OptMaleficus and @AjWolf84 quickly amended that it could be a combination of Flame Legion and Sons of Svanir attempting to take over their respective conquerors.
- Laurels and mixing up achievements to highlight different areas of the game along with a pinned side menu for keeping track
- Guesting Announcement https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/guesting-is-coming/
- Region Exclusive – NA can’t guest to EU and vice versa (https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/game/gw2/Guesting-is-Coming/page/3#post1221430)
- Influence with Guesting (https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/game/gw2/Guesting-is-Coming/page/9#post1227596)
- Laurels used to attain new ascended gear items
- Ravious Breaks Down Flame and Frost (http://www.killtenrats.com/2013/01/22/gw2-flame-and-frost-preview/)
- quaggan backpacks *will* certainly fund ANet for a few months!
Jarimor at Zam interviews Colin Johanson for a really long time
Pt 1: http://www.zam.com/story.html?story=31615
- server structure and behind the scenes stuff made NA/EU crossovers impossible
- previewing items that you can’t use will be back in and the trading post preview is being worked on actively
- they’re discussing expanding party sizes
- trying to give players a reason to fight tooth and nail even on day 6 when they can’t come out of a slump
- they’re working on making spvp more announcer ready – but want to strengthen spvp as a whole before they commit to spectator mode and the like
- the return of the leaderboards (like competitive missions) pve
Ask An Asuran
Why join multiple guilds if you can’t communicate with anyone except the one you’re representing? Previous tweet is actually the result of trying to find out why ‘Guild Chat is always silent.’
I often find myself switching between guilds if I’m looking for a group for a dungeon/fractal or just for company. Some guilds are more active during the day and others are more active in the evenings. With guesting, multiple guilds don’t really make any sense at all. Every time you earn influence for a guild it goes to your home server, so while you can gain buffs from banners while on another server, the influence you earn will be useless to the leaders of that guild while you’re there. Example: TWITGuild is on Jade Quarry, so I guest over to play with them. While I’m playing with them I’m earning influence on Henge which will be inaccessible to the leaders of TWIT. So unless I’m an officer and can add things to the build queue I won’t be contributing to the pool. If you’re a habitual dungeon player and prefer to group with people you know rather than a random PUG keeping multiple guilds is absolutely worth it.
Tales of Tyria
Guild Wars 2 VO outtakes
- Captain Weyandt at the end is hilarious
- Logan taking candy from someone
Rub your friends
Portal’s Still Alive on Choir Bells
Piken Square’s RP Community has fun in WvW
Pale Tree, Bio Break and Kill Ten Rats are giving away a signed Collector’s Edition
http://thepaletree.net/2013/01/24/welcome-and-a-giveaway-gw2-signed-ce/ (any type of art)
http://biobreak.wordpress.com/2013/01/24/win-an-autographed-guild-wars-2-collectors-edition-from-bio-break/ (actual photography IRL)
Canthan New Year returns to GW1 from January 31 to February 7
Request for community events of the week/bi-week. Send us an email!
If you’ve got a burning question for our Ask an Asuran segment, please let us know!
We’ve got another new show on the network. Well, actually, it’s the return of a show: The Secret War, our podcast focused on The Secret World, is back! Join Verdic, Veris and their co-hosts to talk about the dark underbelly of the MMO world.
Check out our new widget (and link to our information page) on mmoreporter.com. We’re trying to send Harry Hol to PAX East! Rather than get a sponsor, we’re trying to go ad free for our content this time around, and we want your help! Click to donate or on the link below the widget to find out more information.
|Print article||This entry was posted by Celeste on January 27, 2013 at 7:46 pm, and is filed under Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Guild Wars Reporter Podcast, Podcast. Follow any responses to this post through RSS 2.0. You can leave a response or trackback from your own site.|