LOTRO Reporter Episode 169 – No More Good Loots
Cari and Layanor were on their own this week. Will Chris never learn? They talked about Update 10, Sapience’s beard, Twitter chats, and Layanor hummed a lot.
What We Did This Week:
- Did a surprise Fornost run to help shake off some of the raiding rust we have.
- I am 50% for rank 11 in the moors.
- Finished up the Eaves of Fanghorn Quest Line – It was pretty fun.
- Still working on dailies for Hytbold. – An ent killed me in one of the public instances.
- Purchased my first Hytbold gear Piece
- Helped kill Bugud – Received a broken old ring.
- Broke down, bought keys and opened up my level 80 loot boxes. Got 5 Compendiums of Middle Earth IV, A really neat cloak, a universal tool kit, and some crafting crit scrolls.
- Ran some Moria Instances with the Wednesday night deed group. Finished Dark Delvings for the first time ever,
- Working through the Eaves of Fangorn.
- Got ahead of myself with the epic story. Started heading south before I was done Fangorn.
9.1 Release Notes
- There’s a new “Find Items” dialog which allows you to find items by typing in part of their name.
- Space Combat has been removed from the game.
- Travel mounts are no longer invisible to players.
- Drop rates on Star-lit crystals and 2nd Age Symbols have been slightly reduced.
- Reduced the quality of the regular boss chests for Durchest and the Twins on Tier 1 and Tier 2. They will no longer drop 2nd Age Symbols, among other things. Challenge chests and the Lieutenants chest remain unaffected.
- Reduced the chance of getting equipment drops for each player on T1 and T2 difficulty slightly.
- Vendors in Mirkwood and elsewhere have finally gotten the news that Medallions of Dol Guldur have been replaced, and are now willing to accept Medallions for their wares.
Dev Diary: New Currency Mithril Coins:
- Replacing some of the writs and tomes
- See picture revive will cost more than one Coin a travel writ will cost one.
- We should be able to see this on Bullroarer when it goes up.
Dev Twitter Chat:
- Forced Emote Toggle is coming!!! For Free!!!!!
- Getting a new area that isn’t the expansion.
- Wardens are switching to Agility
- Community asked if the Galuhad’s Kinship proposal will be considered.
- Turbine replied with the order they will be doing requests this year. Class revamps, housing revamp, and kinship revamp.
- Turbine has no plans to use any of the faction rep mounts for warsteed cosmetics.
- They are looking for player ideas on how to update and change the character models.
- Second ages will be available for Marks, Medallions, and/or Seals
- Talks about update 10 this week on Bullroarer.
Did You Know™
Crafting Toward Mordor with the Universal Crafting Kit
- The Universal Toolkit is Bound to Account.
- The Universal Toolkit can get passed through the Shared Storage or if you are lazy like me they are 150 TP.
- Crafters are getting quite a few levels
- Froma Danania’s Post: At Yule festival 2012 a month ago, the five main lil-dana crafters were all level 25, now they are level 35 to 38.
- There is a level 38 farmer who has zero kills. She has been leveled by crafting alone.
Classic LOTRO Video
facebook: LOTRO Reporter
Cari Twitter: @thecarimac
Layanor Twitter: @Layanor
|Print article||This entry was posted by Carimac on February 4, 2013 at 12:13 am, and is filed under General, LOTRO Reporter Podcast. Follow any responses to this post through RSS 2.0. You can leave a response or trackback from your own site.|