LOTRO Reporter Episode 170 – A Letter From the Producer
Chris is back. He, Cari, and Layanor go over the most recent Producer’s Letter, and talk about Update 10 in Bullroarer.
What We Did This Week
- Maxed out my legendary items with empowerment scrolls and star-lit crystals.
- Found a nice place to farm some gold for when i’m broke.
- Helped some more lowbie kin cause thats my favorite thing to do.
- Hytbold Dailies
- 4 Pieces of Song Protector Armour
- Cyn the Mini on Brandywine is up to level 35. She just finished clearing out that bandit Camp Across the Brandywine. Not my favorite area.
- Killed Bugud a couple more times.
- Half Way through 83 and working my way through Sutcrofts.
- Player’s Council – We are doubling down this year on the conversation between Turbine and you, our players. We are going to start a Player’s Council, a group of players who participate in more regular & structured feedback sessions with the dev group. We want to make sure that as we grow and extend this game, that we are incorporating your likes and dislikes about what we are into what we release. The Community Team will be releasing more information about how we’re going to construct and run the Player’s Council in the coming weeks.
- Western Rohan – I am at this moment standing on the parapet of the Hornburg, looking out over Helm’s Deep as devs populate the landscape with hundreds (soon to be thousands) of Saruman’s Uruk-hai & Orcs. We will be bringing you the rest of Rohan in two installments – Wildermore, a northern region between the Wold and Fangorn, will be released this spring, after our 6th anniversary, and later in the year, you’ll be able to see Western Rohan, Edoras, and participate in battles of epic proportions. Much more on this to come…
- Housing – I am extremely pleased to say that this year we will be tackling a major revision to the Housing system. In February and March we will be gathering information about how Housing should change, and then we’ll be releasing revisions to the system in the latter half of the year. We look forward to leveraging our new Player’s Council to help shape and guide the extension of this feature!
- Class Adjustments – Later in the year, we will be making some significant changes to the skills and traits of the Free Peoples classes. We’ll be pruning out skills that just feel disappointing in play and increasing the potency of others. The end result will be fewer skills, but a more profound impact on moment-to-moment play. How you choose to specialize your class will make a real difference!
Update 10 is live on Bullroarer
The following NEW instances are now available
- The Bells of Dale (6 Player)
- Flight to the Lonely Mountain (12 player)
- The Fires of Smaug (12 Player)
- The Battle for Erebor (12 Player)
In Their absence
- All of the instances in the “In their Absence” instance cluster have been scaled from level 65 up to level cap.
Dread on Defeat effects removed.
- Players will no longer receive the dread effect when defeated. This applies to defeat dread only. Other forums of dead will continue to exist as before.
- The Store now has three new property guards: the Rohirrim Knight, Shield-maiden, and Hound!
Steed of the Khundolar Available
PIctures can be found at http://casualstrolltomordor.com/2013/02/steed-of-the-khundolar-available/
There are surprises in the new Bree Revamp
- Living Toys are Alive
- Go search for more
The lotteries are back
Did You Know™
Today’s did you know is guide written by the Guardians of Vilya. It covers all skirmish lieutenant, there skills and stats, and what kind of skirmish they will show up in. Such as 2 mans or raids.
This guide won’t help a lot of players that have been doing skirms for years, but it will help some new players understand why they just got one shotted in a skirm 30 levels below their character.
Priest of Vengeance
Model: Bearded Angmarim
Appears: Duo and up
Skill1: Vengeance (Single Ally). Immune to Stuns, Dazes, Roots, and Fear. On any damage, reflect 200% of damage. Lasts around 20 seconds.
Note: Seems to only keep the buff on one ally at a time. Burn down any allies that do not have the buff or burn down the Priest himself. No allies equals no buff, equals Priest of Vengeance a sitting duck. Do not attack the enemy with the Vengeance buff until it dispels, unless you’re prepared to receive twice the damage you are doing back at you. Champions particularly need to be careful with their area of effect attacks.
Massively Look at Raids in update 10
The devs informed me that once Update 10 hits, there will be a currency reset on seals to help fight inflation. All previous seals will be converted to medallions (20 medallions per seal) and seals will remain available through the normal avenues. It was either this, the devs explained, or insane prices on the new gear.
Sat Livestream to get Harry to PAX – Sat Feb 9th Noon-4PM PST
- Games we’re going to livestream: Neverwinter, LOTRO, Rift, GW2 and maybe more!
- Live Performances from Harry Hol
- Prize Giveways
New Show on the Network Elders Scrolls Online
facebook: LOTRO Reporter
Cari Twitter: @thecarimac
Layanor Twitter: @Layanor
|Print article||This entry was posted by Carimac on February 8, 2013 at 12:01 am, and is filed under General, LOTRO, LOTRO Reporter Podcast. Follow any responses to this post through RSS 2.0. You can leave a response or trackback from your own site.|