MMO Reporter Episode 112 – Don’t forget about the clean tag?
Chris, Harry and Layanor leave the clean tag in jeopardy as they talk about TERA’s Free to Play transition, Neverwinter’s trailer, Firefly getting approval from FOX and much more!
What we’ve been playing:
- Played some LOTRO
- Downloaded Wizardry online after the beta was done. The game is a lot of fun when death is on the line!
- Downloading Dragon Knight Online
- Hoping that RODE online which is dragon riding MMO will work for me this time around. Its a older MMO and is having some problems with its installer the last time I tried to use it.
- Played a lot of Demigod
- Also found a demo http://www.fileplanet.com/203030/200000/fileinfo/Demigod-Demo
- Guild Wars 2
- Wizardry Online
- Star Trek Online
- LOTRO – Ding 83, half way to 84. Working through Sutcrofts
- Rift – Working on level 54, almost 55. Closed some Rifts and defended some conquests.
- Wizardry Online – The Pain! The Horror!
- GW2 – Ele is level 8, and working on world completion with my Warrior. Orr is much better since the latest patch, but still not a cakewalk.
- Firefall – Just a few minutes, but working on my Tier II dreadnaught frame.
Tera launches it free to play model
- The company is releasing new content and new servers.
- Players now have the option of joining an existing TERA server or starting fresh on either the new PvE or new PvP server.
- TERA free to play model features no content restrictions for free players.
- EU players get different perks (read: no mount)
Firefly Universe Online releases game footage
- Characters will not level.
- You have to learn your skills. Such as learning to use a sword, or a gun.
- Players can become a crew on the ship to keep it running.
- Flawless space to planet transitions. This means you can fly directly at a planet and land on it.
- Role Playing enforced game. “Not hard to pretend to be a cowboy!”
- Boss AI may get smarter over time and learn to avoid exploits such as glitching him on a rock.
- If the kickstarter is successful they will shoot for a Alpha Sandbox build for Spring 2014
- Huge article on what the company has made, is making, and how the kickstarter benefits work.
Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn announces beta signups
- Phases one and two of beta testing will be PC only
- PlayStation 3 testing will begin in phase three.
- Players will need to begin beta testing with new characters, which will be wiped at the end of phase three.
- From phase four onward, characters and such will continue on into the official game.
Star Trek Online gets a story update.
- The game’s third anniversary event added in a major new story dealing with time travel.
- The event is also giving players a free tier 5 starship that will not be available after February 14th
- They also released a video that showed the highlights of 2012 that ended with a Romulan logo teaser that said May 2013.
- No word if this will be a playable race but the community is excited about it.
- More videos will be coming soon.
TOR introduce a Rep Grind. The twist? It’s account wide!
- Game Update 1.7 will introduce Galactic Reputation to all players.
- Reputation measures how your character is perceived by organizations and reflects the prestige you’ve earned through your heroic contributions to each cause.
- The Reputation track for each organization is divided into six ranks – Outsider, Newcomer, Friend, Hero, Champion, and Legend.
- As your Reputation Rank increases, new rewards will become available to you.
- Special rewards with Reputation Rank requirements can be purchased from rep vendors.
- Items and equipment with a Reputation Rank requirement can only be purchased, used, or equipped if you meet or exceed the rank requirement.
- All Subscribers get a natural +50% bonus to all Reputation Points earned.
Neverwinter CGI trailer
- Video starts off with a group of warriors on a wall, worried about a Dracolich flying by.
- The mage blocks the dragons attack and then I assume doesn’t do anything but stay up there the rest of the battle. Smart guy.
- Meanwhile the rogue of the battle is having a boss fight and sucks with her class. She even disappears at the wrong time and cant time a slow bosses attacks.
- He then [censored] her up.
- The Cleric jumps to her aid, and for some reason cant stop any undead walking to her and the rough.
- The dumb meathead warrior jumps in to save them and does well.
- The cleric NOW kills some undead coming at them…………………
- She heals the rogue and the rogue accidentally kills the boss with a critical attack to the back.
- She then uses some random skill to make it look like shes killing him as he falls to his knees dieing.
- The end of the video shows a Lich and a Dracolich show up and makes everyone wish you could just play her instead of these idiots.
So God Made A Gamer
Sat Livestream to get Harry to PAX – Sat Feb 9th Noon-4PM PST
Games we’re going to livestream: Neverwinter, LOTRO, Rift, GW2 and maybe more!
Live Performances from Harry Hol
|Print article||This entry was posted by Chris on February 8, 2013 at 12:13 am, and is filed under General, MMO Reporter Podcast. Follow any responses to this post through RSS 2.0. You can leave a response or trackback from your own site.|