LOTRO Reporter Episode 171 – Can I Have Your Stuff, Dude?
Chris, Cari and Layanor go over the latest patch notes, and talk about the player rage over removing loot drops from Public Instances.
What We Did This Week
Helped some lowbies level up. I loves to one shots!
Got to do some classic instance with some kin. Instances i’ve never seen before!
Went on the hunt for a giant dead arm that crawls around in angmar.
- Picked up all six pieces of my Hytbold Armour. I went with the Song Protector Armour for the Anthem Buff
- Finished all the Hytbold Dailies at least once. It took over three weeks for them all to cycle through. Earned the bonus tokens.
- Ran the new Stone Giant 3 man.
- Cyn to 36.
- Played with my kids, teaching them the game.
- Bought the Steed of the Khundolar
Addressed a specific issue related to server performance.
Instances, Raids and Skirmishes
- Adjusted the drops found in certain public instances. Trophies and loot are no longer available in these spaces. Landscape monsters will continue to drop all rare items removed from the instances.
- Increased the drop rate of legendary crafting recipes from bosses in the Rohan crafting instances.
- Addressed an issue that was allowing players to receive marks with little or no effort.
LOTRO community backlash of anti-farming tactics
- The community have exploded recently about farming with the latest patch.
- The forum praise turbine for fixing a public instance problem.
- Comments I have seen on Brandywine and comments on the patch notes have been very negative.
- The argument is, if I’m on a MMO to grind for new gear, why is turbine stopping me from doing it.
- Some are even canceling their subscriptions.
- Public instance will now have no loot or money in them. Turbine is also removing loot and money from orcs and other mobs through Rohan under the radar.
- Everyone farms something in the game. If this argument keeps getting more out of hand, Turbine could be changing a lot more than what they have already.
- Currently the epic gear scroll cases are now on anything that is a level 85 humanoid. That means Crafting instances and raids are a great place.
- Forums post on the chances of getting a armour scroll in a raid. http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?500898-Update-9.1.1-patch-notes-are-up&p=6665028#post6665028
Bullroarer Update 10 patch notes 3 – SUBJECT TO CHANGE
- The damage per second of level 85 weapons has increased, especially 2nd and 1st age LIs.
- All brands and Insignia that gave 60 seconds of immunity to various Crowd Control effects have had their effect durations reduced to 20 seconds.
- Using any Brand or Insignia results in a 60 second lock out from using another.
- For every Skirmish Seal that you have in your inventory, there will be a one time conversion to Skirmish Medallions at a rate of 20 Medallions per 1 Seal.
- Medallions of the North-men no longer exist. Any existing ones will be automatically converted into 10 medallions apiece.
Bullroarer Client: http://content.turbine.com/sites/clientdl/lotro/beta/lotrohigh.exe
Scheduled Maintenance: Thursday, February 14th
- All game servers and http://myaccount.turbine.com will be offline for global maintenance on Thursday, February 14th.
- Downtime will last 12 hours starting at 6:00 AM Eastern (-5 GMT).
- The forums and wikis will remain up during the maintenance
- For news updates, check their Facebook and Twitter
Did You Know™
The crafting instance have been updated with the epic gear recipes. The problem is you can only get them from humanoid mobs. The instances will spawn bears or bugs and kill your chances to get a recipe. So I recommend you get out of the instance and cancel the quest. You can then do the next crafting instance and hope you get the right mobs in that one. Once your done you can try the last one again.
I’m told that anything level 85 humanoid have a chance to drop the recipes. So mobs in instances may be a good place to look as well. Bosses also may have a better chance to drop them as well. Happy hunting!
LOTRO Music System is in an Academic Journal
Role-Playing toward a Virtual Musical Democracy in
The Lord of the Rings Online
Ethnomusicology is an academic field encompassing various approaches to the study of music (broadly defined) that emphasize its cultural, social, material, cognitive, biological, and other dimensions or contexts instead of or in addition to its isolated sound component or any particular repertoire. from Wikipedia
- Did a review in 2008 of the music system in LOTRO
- Interviewed people
- Discussed ABC vs Freestyle
Classic LOTRO Video
LOTRO music system – keyboard playing (Fleor a musician) :P
LOTRO Strategy Articles
Instance guide: Seat of the Great Goblin
- Full map
- Mob and boss locations
- Describes what mobs should be killed first
- Lists phases for boss fights and gives tips to do hard mode.
First impressions: The Road to Erebor, part II
- Gives a detailed look at all of the new raids coming out.
- Also gives some thoughts on the scaled instances.
Question from Comments on Episode 170:
From Willo Sweetwater:
Oh, and one question.. does any of the hosts or anyone reading the comments have/had problems with mounted combat lag? I saw many posts on the forums (but not one comment from turbine) regarding this “sling-shotting” that’s happening with warhorses, but I have not heard it mentioned on any lotro podcasts I’m listening to (which is basically just this one and cstm)
Coming soon to the site the Update 10 overview video with Turbine.
Check out our new widget (and link to our information page) on mmoreporter.com. We’re trying to send Harry Hol to PAX East! Rather than get a sponsor, we’re trying to go ad free for our contest this time around, and we want your help! Click to donate or on the link below the widget to find out more information.
facebook: LOTRO Reporter
Cari Twitter: @thecarimac
Layanor Twitter: @Layanor
|Print article||This entry was posted by Carimac on February 17, 2013 at 7:42 pm, and is filed under General, LOTRO, LOTRO Reporter Podcast. Follow any responses to this post through RSS 2.0. You can leave a response or trackback from your own site.|