LOTRO Reporter Episode 173 – The Devs Have Spoken and We Talk About It
Cari, Chris, and Layanor talk about the latest Dev Diaries, how you can get Turbine Points, and Partying at PAX.
What We Did This Week
I power leveled Brandywine! You should all be level 40 or higher. Congrats!
Hytbold Dailies for a couple of days
Cyn went from level 36 to level 46 this weekend. Thanks Layanor and Hallward the Warden who I grouped with in Eregion on Sunday night.
- Hytbold Dailies
- Hytbold Dailies
- Hytbold Dailies
- Hytbold Dailies Locations: Harwick, Cliving Eaworth Snowbourn
Issues with the Downtime TP Awards
From Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/LOTRO
We are currently aware of an issue that is preventing VIP points from being granted as expected. Addressing this issue is a top priority and we will update you as more information becomes available. We apologize for the inconvenience, and appreciate your patience as we work to resolve this.
- Devs are still planning to do a FM revamp.
- Cross Server is still something they want to do.
- Currently, the instance team is working on prototyping the Helm’s Deep experience
- Mainly improvements and bug fixes this year for the Moors.
- New PvmP armour in u10.1 or u11.
- Mounted Combat instance is on the to-do list at some point.
- Lots of housing ideas on the table but they need to plan things out yet with players input.
- Warsteed trait panel for our characters? “Yes” This does not mean we are getting skill trees. Calm down minions!
- U10 will be in early march: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lGaP1DRQU34&list=UUMwGAuVFnfqg8ufj6YDtfjg&index=3
- No new PvMP Zone and no plans for one. “Where did that new map go from the Isengard expansion?”
- Isengard Press Release – http://archive.lotro.com/news/pressreleases/910 “Expanded Monster Play – LOTRO’s monster play system will get a major revamp including opening up the feature to all players, changes to monster player skills and advancement and a brand new region for players to battle for or against the forces of evil.”
- A5 We’re looking at better ways to transfer items more efficiently. Multiple items in mails is on that list but we’ve got a lot to evaluate. – HoarseDev
- A10 JWB – Hytbold was much more successful than we anticipated. We’ll continue to explore things like that and other options to give everyone something compelling, engaging, and rewarding to do at cap. #LOTRO
- Q34 @DaniAngione Why not make currency (money) shared like marks and such? Kind of annoying to mail money to yourself #LOTRO
- A34 JWB – We see as many requests not to do this as we do to do it.
Update 10 itemization information
- All our scaling Classic Instances have seen their loot totally revamped.
- Each instance cluster now makes use of Remote Looting.
- Within 3-man and 6-man spaces the final boss chests will have the chance to drop equipment, while the other chests will drop LI related materials.
- Classic Instance clusters also have completely new loot, ranging from Rare quality all the way up to Legendary quality.
- Each instance cluster is now focused on a handful of different gear types, so DPS looking for a necklace would want to run instances and raids from cluster X, while Tanks looking for a necklace would want to run cluster Y.
- Each instance has its own Rare and Incomparable loot, while raids have only Incomparable loot.
- Sets will now give either stats or skill modifying effects as their set bonuses. By moving the skill modifying set bonuses to the 2 and 4 slots, we’ve opened up the ability to do far more “mix and matching” of set bonuses while also giving room to equip other items should you so choose.
- Each set had to give stronger and stronger doses of stats in order to be an upgrade.
Dev Diary on Seals and Medallion Conversion
- When Update 10 arrives, each Seal your characters currently have will be converted into 20 Medallions, compared to the 2 Medallions per Seal you can trade them in for at a Skirmish Camp.
- Any items which were barter-able for Seals pre-Update 10 will either be converted to Medallion costs or have a Medallion-only barter option added.
Gamespy Shutting Down what will happen to in game voice chat.
- Sapience “There will be no changes to the in game voice chat. You’ll still be able to use it as usual. For those not using it, you may continue to do so.”
- Voice chat is very bad and has always been.
- LOTRO should have skype so people in game can call us at anytime on their cellphones.
- Love Shack! Baby Love Shack! “Love shack baby!”
Did You Know
This week is a reference to one of the best Turbine Point guides out there.I have seen this guide posted all over the place. Even with it not being up to date. What I personally do to get points is to grind out rep items. Make a alt and give them the rep items.
Turbine Pax East Fan Appreciation Party!
Friday March 22, 2013
Forum Login Not Encrypted?
- LOTRO Forums have always been rumored to be not very well protected.
- This post explains how the security on them are very low.
- Some of the community hasn’t wanted to log into the forums due to so many accounts being hacked around Mirkwood and Isengard expansions.
Check out our new show on the network: ESO Reporter. If you’re into Elder Scrolls Online, then you need to check out this show.
Please join us on www.mmoreporter.com/live on Tuesday nights at about 8:15 PST.
Facebook: LOTRO Reporter
Cari Twitter: @thecarimac
Layanor Twitter: @Layanor
|Print article||This entry was posted by Carimac on March 2, 2013 at 4:09 pm, and is filed under General, LOTRO, LOTRO Reporter Podcast. Follow any responses to this post through RSS 2.0. You can leave a response or trackback from your own site.|