Rift Reporter Episode 72 – Happy Birthday Rift!
This week we talk about Patch 2.2 and the RIFT’s Second Birthday event, the Carnival of the Ascended, as well as recapping the Joy of Dimensions Contest!
What we’ve done in game:
- Some instant Adventure with the guild and on my own.
- Tried to work on our current quests and it’s still too hard.
- Pinatas… that’s it???
- Ding 55!
- A few rounds of instant adventure. Lots of people running it! Averaged 5-10 people in the raid.
- Ran Unhallowed Boneforge. Fun but a little tough with my particular PUG.
- Finished a guild quest all by myself! Had to kill 110 Endless in various parts of Stillmoor. Took me all of 10 minutes to get it done. Burn them with FIRE!!!!
- PINATAS! Watched the Carnival Spawn in Meridian, then proceeded to run around and destroy a few Pinatas. Woot!
News from the Rift
Update 2.2-Carnival of the Ascended – Feb 27th
Carnival of the Ascended
The Carnival is more fun than ever this year. Collect glass beads, revel in pie-stomping and throwing contests, and challenge yourself in two new games of skill as you gather colorful hats and awesome mounts.
Try your luck in PvP at the Wheel of Fate
Special Anniversary Cape
Tier 2 Planar Attunement added to PvP
Planar Attunement Tier 3 for all
Return to Telara this March
Play for free from March 21 to March 25. Revisit your veteran high-level Ascended characters and experience all the awesome additions to RIFT since the launch of Storm Legion™.
Anniversary subscriber bonuses
From March 21 to April 4 all subscribers will enjoy 20% increases in the following:
- Guild XP
- Normal Kill XP or Planar Attunement (depending on character level)
- Dungeon currency
- Zone Event currency
New scratch and win game for the mobile app: Carnival Candy
Further info on the Carnival of the Ascended go to Rift Junkies
Patch 2.2 notes:
- Four Storm Legion Raid bosses now come in Hardmode flavor! You may voluntarily trigger hardmodes of Gelidra, Artifex Zaviel, Progenitor Saetos, and Kain the Reaper for additional challenges and new Achievements.
- Augment Wardstone and Bless Wardstone abilities have been replaced by Nexus Infusion, which is now granted to all characters
- Falling from a great height once again plays the impact animation and sound effects, but still has no damage applied.
- * The Fire Elemental pet now has a new look!
- Mining, Butchering, and Foraging now have daily quests similar to those of the other crafting professions. To pick them up, visit Padma Ultan in Meridian or Eldain Diomid in Sanctum. If you’re over skill 300, visit Romas Periga in Tempest Bay.
Bitten by the Love Bug-A special enchantment is racing across the Planes to celebrate The Festival of Mariel-Taun: the Love Bug.
Movement speed bug-
Daglar:The fix for this is pretty involved – its done, but we didn’t want to push it up before 2.2 due to how many little things it touches.~Daglar – Now fixed after 2.2
Guild Name Bug (From Feb 7th)
: We have an engineer working on a fix right now.
Tech Talk-Rift Performance in 2.2
-Joy of Dimensions Contest
Winners revealed on Friday, Feb 15th during livestream.
3rd Place: Enoki Lounge
2nd Place:Lavish by Lyx
1st Place: Cozy Getaway
Grand Prize: Sweethearts
Facebook Page (Winners still not posted)
Friday Feb 22nd-
It’s time to show off the biggest, baddest, colossus of them all!
Come watch as the behemoth Volan lays waste to to the ancient Ruins of Ashora as we vanquish him before he’s able to unleash the true fury of the Storm Legion – LIVE from one of our North American Shards!
The game mavens at ZAM have brought together their treasure trove of knowledge about Planar Attunement, the Ascended Soul system, the myriad lands and items of Telara, and more in one place: RIFThead!
Storm Legion Loot site
RIFTScene-New Community Site
- As a thank you to the community and to hopefully get the word spread – I am holding a contest to win a Nvidia GTX 670 or a Radeon 7950.
Have you reached level 60 yet?
Are you planning on participating in the Carnival of the Ascended because the games and events are fun, or because there are prizes that you want to get?
Games and Events are fun!
I’m not participating
Voicemail: 616-666-6778 or the new widget on the right side of the site
|Print article||This entry was posted by Sallennia on March 2, 2013 at 1:47 pm, and is filed under General, Rift Reporter. Follow any responses to this post through RSS 2.0. You can leave a response or trackback from your own site.|