Guild Wars Reporter Episode 51 – Permanent Centaur Tonic
Chris and Celeste do a dungeon together, talk about the February update, and tell you a guaranteed way to get banned.
What We Did This Week
- Honor of the Waves SM
- Jumping puzzle
- Updated the Heritage Armor wiki page with the armor gallery
- Honor of the Waves Story Mode
- Jumping Puzzle
- Zone Completion
Report from Lion’s Arch
Matipzieu KyA Clinically Dissects Why Guild Missions Are Polarizing
- (http://dwpgaming.blogspot.com/2013/02/gw2-guild-missions-situation.html Distilled Will plays devil’s advocate for Large Guilds)
- a lack of an economist viewpoint has lead to a rift between small and large guilds and the ability to unlock or play guild missions successfully.
- don’t minimize the effect it’s having on the community and the way it makes smaller guilds feel marginalized.
- In the same vein, don’t alter the experience that large guilds have (this last point feels like a tall order but could perhaps be attained via a workaround he also provides where.. )
- make the unlock cost scale based on the number of members in a guild ((adjusting for anti-exploit “everybody leave and we’ll re-invite you in a few days”))
- make guild missions scale down to be played by 3-5 people… (I feel like this would be extremely hard to adapt for some of the puzzles that require multiple people to hold areas or positions while others move around)
Colin Sits Down with Digital Spy
- players ask most often for a permanent change to the world
- xbox controller works with some fiddling
- a lot more botters and hackers tried to manipulate gw2 than gw1 b/c the population is much higher
- unlikely that gw2 will be hitting the next gen of console gaming
- “hopefully guild wars 2 will be going strong seven, 10 and 14 years later, and will evolve into the future of what MMOs can be.”
Go Anook with Isiah Cartwright
Angel McCoy Elucidates the Living Story’s Direction
- temporal paradoxes via where characters are in the personal storyline
- personal nemesis
Gaile Gray Lays Down The Law of Macros
- Have a mouse with extra buttons or the ability to create macros on your keyboard?
- Scared that you’ll get banned if you use them because it was completely banned in GW1?
- Macros are allowed if they perform single click/button actions
- On multi-boxing: allowed as long as you are controlling one character at a time and aren’t using a multi-function macro (one click for several skills at a time etc or mimicing previous input)
Game Update Notes for 2013/02/26
- Refugees moving on to LA, where more will be added as the month before the next update progresses
- New Daily Cheevos and tracking
- event scaling made the pre-events for tequatl incredibly hard
- Item preview is freaking awesome
- Guild missions are out of my reach
- world boss/dragon lieutenant chests update
- lesser air elemental legs and tail looks freaking WEIRD
- big changes to AC SM and EM
- removed karma items usability in wvw
- charr backpack cover
- 9 hair and 6 eye colors added to self style/makeover kits
Ask An Asuran
- Some provisions: If you like Healing exclusively, you’re going to have a bad time. If you’re an end-game raider, you’re going to have a bad time.
- Levels don’t mean much, there’s no point in trying to grind out anything (except for maybe crafting)
- The biggest your individual party will ever be is 5 people. Note: INDIVIDUAL party. WvW zerg, open world events, and cities mean you’ll be around a lot of other people with the same goals as you.
- You’re working WITH other players, not AGAINST them (node sharing, open tapping, dynamic events)
- If you’re a troll or enjoy spreading hate in public chats, get ready to be reprimanded (we care about the image our game gets/creates and a lot of us hate the haters, publicly.)
- No mana/energy, it’s all based on recharge rates.
- Dodges and cast while moving makes GW2 play like an action rpg
Tales of Tyria
Request for community events of the week/bi-week. Send us an email!
If you’ve got a burning question for our Ask an Asuran segment, please let us know!
Voicemail: 616-666-6778 (and our new widget on the ride hand side of the page)
|Print article||This entry was posted by Celeste on March 6, 2013 at 10:45 pm, and is filed under General, Guild Wars 2, Guild Wars Reporter Podcast, Podcast. Follow any responses to this post through RSS 2.0. You can leave a response or trackback from your own site.|