LOTRO Reporter Episode 195 – This Started Weird
Chris, Cari and Layanor are a bit silly this week. Eventually we do get around to talking about forums, Updates, and class race restrictions.
What We Did in Game
- I am 17% into my next moors rank.
- Got under 500k. I only need 498k now.
- Had a great run in Tower of Orthanc tier 2. Have done this for a couple of nights now and the group i’m with is determined to do it. We are on the wing right before Saruman.
- Cyn to 68. Got half a level with just the festival.
- Been doing the festival
- Kinship Festival
- Ally with the Wold and Entwash Vale!
- Ignoring the festival. Hytbold must be mine!
Community Site is down for a Revamp July 28-Aug 1 Estimated
On Monday July 29 at 10AM Eastern time, the LOTRO Forums will be placed into read only mode and a forum, “Temporary Discussions” will be created for each of our supported languages (English, German, and French).
Here’s what the new forums will look like: http://ow.ly/i/2KjJI
The forums will be upgraded to a newer version of VBulletin. Changes will include:
- The forum styling/appearance will be updated and will now scale to the full width of your browser window.
- A new “Community Digest” page that will have links to lotteries, forums, and updated news.
- Forum performance will be improved.
- Forums should perform better on mobile devices.
The lottery widget is going away and a new Lottery page is taking its place.
Character Copy for Bullroarer and Beta.
The character copy system we use for Bullroarer and beta testing will be improved and easier to use.
The following features are being discontinued:
- The LOTRO Lorebook
- Player Blogs
- PvMP leaderboards
- Skirmish Leaderboards
- Character and Kinship Data and Pages
- Signup Rewards
- Item Icons / Tooltips – This makes me really, really sad
- Signature System
Update 11.2 Release Notes.
- Red Painted Skeleton Steed is now Account Bound
- Launcher fixes.
- Yes your log into last world choice is gone. It’s gone because you have allow multiple instances checked.
Additions to the Store:
Sapience: “We’d like to thank the Player Council for their assistance with the design and pricing the Advanced Riding Skill.”
Apprentice Riding Trait (Account) – Upgrades all mounts on your account to +68% speed.
Apprentice Riding Trait – Upgrades all mounts on your character to +68% speed.
Journeyman Riding Trait (Account) – Upgrades all mounts on your account to have +78% speed!
New Speed Buffs for Mounts
- Apprentice Riding Skill 995 68% Speed
- Journeyman Riding Trait 2995 78% Speed
- Doesn’t Work in the Moors
- Account Wide
- Gives Riding Skill
- Can Toggle it off
Returning Traveller – reduces the cooldown of your “return to” skills by 30 mins.
Shared Wardrobe Space XIV (10 Slots)
The current status of Character Transfers:
- Character Transfers have been down since March.
- They are redoing the code to make them automated.
- However, it is taking more time than initially expected.
- Please note that Character Transfers will continue to be a Paid Service, not a Premium Service similar to Kinship renames or character undeletes.
Character Undeletes are Back! -Carpe Noctem
- Character Undeletes are again available!
- Free to all players who have VIP access or have purchased Turbine Points in the last 45 days
- Players can only have one Premium Service open at a time (Kinship renames included). We can only accept one character per Undelete Request.
- Be Patient
- Expect an announcement about the current status of character transfers sometime next week!
What Members of the Player’s Council Have Been Doing
- The newly updated and more compact forum structure.
- The creation of the 20 Questions we post every few weeks.
- A new item coming in Update 11.2.
- Very lengthy discussions on Multi-Boxing (not a violation) and Rank Farming(appropriate actions).
- Providing feedback on:
- Housing updates.
- Class changes.
- Skill Trees.
- LOTRO Store items.
Three members of the council who live nearby and one who will be in town for other reasons have been invited to sit down with us and discuss a number of topics as well as tour the studio this week.
Members of the Players Council meeting with members of the #LOTRO team. http://t.co/q2JKsKITfb
The latest #LOTRO Community Update is now available.
Did you Know
- Each class has legendary skills that start in rivendell with a deed book.
- To get these skills you have to kill mobs in key places.
- Such as Angmar or the Misty Mountains.
- Well you don’t have to do it that way.
- Sometime before Isengard, Turbine made the the pages for these books drop off of orcs and goblins in Moria.
- It is very easy to get them as you quest. Infact I have helped kin members grind all the pages out in under two hours.
The Road to Mordor – Three Ways LOTRO could encourage Rerolls
Sig Wrote an Article on LOTRO Players: But the Lore:
Guide to Reputation in LOTRO
- Jammed packed with info on the Factions
- How to find the faction vendors
- How much faction you need.
- Etc, etc, etc
LOTRO Players – Guide to Raiding
- Tapkoh is writing the raid content for LOTRO Players
- Has a Battle of Eribor guide up as well
Message from Legendas
Hey Layanor. You can join my raids if you mention me on your show! Also I want you to encourage more players to come out to the moors. Its fun out here.
Facebook Message from Taltoz:
I’ve been listening to you show for a few months now and it’s become a kind of weekly ritual to download it to my phone and listen to it on my way to work. Thanks for brightening up my trip.
I’m the co-founder of The Family kinship on Withywindle and was pleasantly surprised to find out that we have been nominated for the Dragonslayer Awards. I was hoping that you could possibly find time on your show to thank everybody who voted for us and our great kin members for making The Family a true family.
Thanks Taltoz 85 warden
P.S. if you guys are ever on Withywindle , please send a shout and come and see what makes us tick.
=== Letter was served by a Guardian named Nonnahs of Rivendell ===
Dear destroyer of the peace:
This is to inform you that your persistent actions including but not limited to food smashing, chair kicking, keg breaking, window peeking, rock tossing, mail stealing, kidnapping, fish graffiti, arson, stealing crops, burying innocent hobbits in crops, undergarment stealing, and slander have become unbearable. You are ORDERED TO STOP such activities immediately as they are being done in violation of the law.
We have the right to remain free from these activities as they constitute harassment, and we will pursue any legal remedies available to us against you if these activities continue. These remedies include but are not limited to: contacting the White Council to obtain criminal sanctions against you, and slandering you civilly for damages we have incurred as a result of your actions.
We are not happy!
Again, you must IMMEDIATELY STOP and send us written confirmation that you will stop such activities within ten days. You risk incurring some very severe legal consequences if you fail to comply with this demand.
Please return Angelica Bolger’s cat!
Will Whitfoot sheriff of the Shire.
===== Second letter served with first letter =====
Dear Layanor Leoma.
We need to talk.
Party for PAX Prime Thursday, August 29, 2013 – Elephant and Castle 6:00 RSVP
Please email email@example.com to confirm your attendance!
Donate to MMO Reporter Page
Facebook: LOTRO Reporter
Voicemail: 616-666-6778 or the widget on the right side of the screen when you visit the site.
Cari Twitter: @thecarimac
Layanor Twitter: @Layanor
|Print article||This entry was posted by Carimac on August 1, 2013 at 1:32 pm, and is filed under General, LOTRO, LOTRO Reporter Podcast. Follow any responses to this post through RSS 2.0. You can leave a response or trackback from your own site.|