Chris and Bill take an interdimensional trip through the MMOverse to Tamriel to discuss a cryptic message covered in lava, the space based multi-crew update from Elite: Dangerous and much more!
What we did in game:
- Elite: Dangerous
- Project Gorgon
- Project Gorgon
- Black Desert Online
GumpsGang: Playing … DDO (lv 30, then TR’d back to lv 1) … FFXIV … started SWTOR for the first time (finally off my list)
Patreon shout out
ESO shares cryptic video on Twitter
- Possible Vvardenfell DLC release?
- Twitch broadcast scheduled for Tuesday. Will we get an announcement? (Jan 31, 11AM PST)
- Lots of discussion on Reddit about this:
Elite:Dangerous patch 2.3 entering beta in late February
- Official date in post is “the week ending February 26” which is the weirdest date reference I’ve had to decipher in a long time
- Explanation from Zac Antonaci (community head)
As it’s week ending, we are using Sunday as the end of the week. So “Week Mon 20th – Sun 26th?” would be correct.
Hope that helps!
- Features MultiCrew (not NPCs) & “Commander Creator” (creating avatars) among other things
- See here for a semi-recent “What we know about 2.3”: https://www.reddit.com/r/EliteDangerous/comments/5hd9n5/what_we_know_about_23_multicrew_so_far/
- Crew limit will likely be 4
- 4 roles – Helm, fire/weapons, tactical (shields, countermeasures) and engineer (power distribution, repairs)
- Balance should be roughly that a 4 person on one ship should be roughly as powerful as a 4 person wing
- Other possibilities (not confirmed yet) for 2.3 might be ship-naming and a PS4 launch
- Crew limit will likely be 4
Go to audiblepodcast.com/mmoreporter
Use the coupon code mmoreporter for a free 120GB SSD with your purchase!
LOTRO Outlines 2017 Plans
- New event coming as centerpiece to 10th anniversary celebrations
- Update 20
- The Wastes
- Bleak Noman-lands
- Slag-Hills of Mordor
- Talion????? I would lose my mind with happiness with a Talion easter egg
- Battle of the Black Gate
- Two capstone resource dungeons
- Solo or Fellowship
- Various companies within the Host of the West
- Factions mentioned during the interview?
- The Wastes
- Update 21
- This is the expansion
- “Shatter the Black Gates and march into Mordor”
- Multiple (four – as per interview) regions
- New monsters, new mechanics and new treasures
- New High Elf race
- Aesthetic improvements to all races
- Update 22
- Still this year (hopefully)
PAX Unplugged Announced
- November 17-19, 2017 at the Pennsylvania Convention Center in Philadelphia
- Focused on Tabletop gaming
- Badges go on sale this spring
DDOS attack on Asheron’s Call
- Really? Come on!
Ship of Heroes Character Creation Demo
- Shows creation of Hero and Secret Identity
Good evening, it is the awesome gnome Frazley Sparkspan.
What is one zone in any MMO that you just adore going to? Mine is Dun Morogh in World of Warcraft. Music here for emphasis: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2SZuqyjKtA
This zone, with its music, its setting and the atmosphere just takes me back whenever I visit it. You walk into Ironforge and the contrast of the hot lava makes you feel warm on a cold wintery day.
Your friendly Gnome Warrior!
Bill – Metrica Province (GW2 – https://youtu.be/K6HUwH5hq80?t=47)
- Also the string of zones from Salisbury plain → Camacorentin Forest → Avalon March → Cornwall (https://youtu.be/gpiLmlWUFjU?t=107 – salibury plain; stonehenge)
Chris – The Shire in LOTRO
What are you playing next week?
Gumps Gang – Next week: FFXIV, a little bit of DDO and LOTRO .. and bringing the EVIL in SWTOR
Wednesday Night WoW: https://gaming.youtube.com/mgn/live (Wednesdays at 8PM PST)
Penny Arcade, ReedPOP Announce PAX Unplugged, Coming to Philadelphia
Revealed During PAX South 2017, New Tabletop Focused Event Debuts in Nov. 2017
PHILADELPHIA – Jan. 27, 2017 – Penny Arcade, to host one of the internet’s largest gaming communities, and ReedPOP, the world’s leading producer of pop culture events, announced PAX Unplugged, its first tabletop gaming focused event, in front of tens of thousands of attendees today at PAX South. PAX Unplugged, the sixth addition to the international line-up of PAX events, will debut at the Pennsylvania Convention Center in Philadelphia, November 17 – 19, 2017.
PAX Unplugged will take all the elements that have drawn millions of gamers to PAX – the chance to play and see the reveal of highly-anticipated upcoming games, attend game-inspired music concerts, participate in tournaments and watch panels with industry leaders – but with a renewed focus on fostering the best event for the burgeoning tabletop gaming community.
PAX Unplugged will be a destination for attendees to share their common passions and socialize over board, card and other tabletop games, which have experienced a renaissance in recent years. Penny Arcade and ReedPOP are happy to embrace the thriving tabletop scene and provide those around it with a welcoming atmosphere to take this resurgence to even greater heights.
“With the rise of popularity of board games, we wanted to provide a dedicated space where fans can come together,” said Jerry Holkins, co-founder, Penny Arcade. “We will continue to have tabletop games at every PAX, but Unplugged will focus on stepping away from the TV, monitor and phone to foster face-to-face multiplayer experiences.”
Badges for PAX Unplugged will go on sale this Spring.
Working journalists as well as YouTube and Twitch content creators who are interested in attending PAX Unplugged to create coverage of the event and its exhibitors can register for a media pass in the Spring.
PAX or Penny Arcade Expo is a festival for gamers to celebrate gaming culture. First held in Seattle in 2004, PAX has grown in size each successive year, with PAX Prime 2014 selling out of tickets in a matter of minutes. Connecting the world’s leading game publishers and developers with their most avid and influential fans, PAX expanded with a second show in Boston in 2010 and a third in San Antonio in 2015, making it the three largest consumer-facing game expos in North America. The first international PAX was held in Melbourne, Australia in 2013.
Penny Arcade is a web comic focused on video games and video game culture, written by Jerry Holkins and illustrated by Mike Krahulik. With over 3.5 million readers, it is the most popular and longest running gaming web comic online. Penny Arcade is also responsible for the Child’s Play Charity, the Penny Arcade gaming expos (PAX) in Seattle, Boston, San Antonio and Melbourne, multiple video games based on the brand, and multiple online video series.
ReedPOP is a boutique group within Reed Exhibitions exclusively devoted to organizing events, launching and acquiring new shows, and partnering with premium brands in the pop culture world. ReedPOP is dedicated to celebrations of popular culture throughout the globe that transcend ordinary events by providing unique access and dynamic personal experiences. The ReedPOP portfolio includes: New York Comic Con (NYCC), Chicago Comic & Entertainment Expo (C2E2), Penny Arcade Expo (PAX) West, East, South, Australia and Unplugged, Emerald City Comic Con (ECCC), BookCon, BookExpo, Oz Comic Con, Comic Con India, Paris Comic Con, Star Wars Celebration, Star Trek: Mission New York, TwitchCon, ComplexCon and more. The staff at ReedPOP is a fan-based group of professionals uniquely qualified to serve those with whom they share a common passion. ReedPOP is focused on bringing its expertise and knowledge to world communities in North America, South America, Europe, Asia, India and Australia.