We’ve talked about the basics, we’ve talked about the game modes, we’ve talked about hands-on impressions, and we’ve talked about the casual gamer interest.
Today, we talk about everything else! Lucas Sullivan joins me for this week’s episode, and we take a scatter shot approach, talking about all the little things in Hearthstone that we think will make or break it. Tune in and learn something new about the game!
- Lucas is on the show this week
- Topic: The little things of Hearthstone
- Reasons to be happy this week
Who is Lucas?
- History with card games
- History with Blizzard games
- Favorite mode in card games
Hearthstone as a casual game
- Does that phrase make you excited about the game?
- What do you think that means for the game depth?
- Can casual games be fun?
- Are you going to play on PC and iPad?
- No instant-speed cards
- Secret cards
- Creating cards that don’t exist in your deck
- Weapons can only be equipped by heroes
- Weapons lose one durability every time they attack
- No equipment for units
- Do you like heroes as a card game mechanic?
- Need more heroes?
- Different health amounts?
- How powerful should heroes be on the battlefield?
- Is 300 enough?
- How often do they need to add new cards to keep your interest?
- Do all card games follow “blocks/sets” like Magic?
- Does WoW tie-in interest you at all?
- Standard rule is that mana cost roughly = HP + Power
- No trading, no gifting
- No chat in the game, except with battle.net friends
Card of the Week
Kill it quickly, or die quickly—just like in Gnomeragan!