- Un’Goro is in full affect! Be on the lookout for all the details as we get closer to Mid-April.
- More cards are coming… Still unsure about exact timeframe, but they mentioned on stream there could be new cards each day, and definitely cards coming at HCT (March 23-26)
- Possibly more streams
- Definitely more cards
- New cards
- Lakarri Sacrifice – 1 mana Warlock Legendary Quest Spell – Quest: Discard 6 cards, Reward: Nether Portal
- Nether Portal – 5 mana – Open a permanent portal that summons 3/2 Imps – (Token says: At the end of your turn, summon 2 3/2 imps) (Token is untargetable with no way of removing it)
- Sherazin, Corpse Flower – 4 mana legendary Rogue minion – 5/3 Deathrattle: Go dormant. Play 4 cards in a turn to revive this minion.
- Sherazin, Seed – When you play 4 cards in a turn, revive this minion (token is not targetable)
The Happy Hearthstone Hall of Fame!
- Decks that have beaten 3 challengers in a row!
- Dan Patriss’ Beastmaster Hunter Deck (Mar 2014)
- My Very Own Warlock Demon Zoo Deck (Mar 2016)
- Craig’s Dragon Priest (Sep 2016)
Defending Champion Deck
- Zerotio’s Weird Reno Mage
- Episode 86 – MMOReporter.com
- Has 1 out of 3 wins to get in the Hall of Fame
The Challenger’s Deck
- Naga Sea Witch – The most underrated card in hearthstone
- Started with the question – If you could play any 2 cards in hearthstone on the same turn, which would you choose?
- Answer- GO ABSOLUTELY HAM
- Theme – Go nuts with legendaries
How It Wins
- Cheating out insane amounts of value by some sick card combos. Huge Threats on top of Huge Threats
- Best win condition comes from being able to add +10/+10 to a minion already on board for lethal
The Key Cards
- Naga Sea Witch
- Arch-Thief Rafaam
- Fight promoter
- 2 x Mistress of Mixtures : This over Zombie Chow as health for yourself. Try not to let it die until you’ve taken some damage.
- 1 x Anoy-o-tron : Good for slowing down/staying alive
- 1 x Faceless Shambler : The most DIFFICULT combo piece in this deck. Used after a 5 mana +10/+10 on any other minion from Arch-Thief. Otherwise just use it to stall. Try to get at least 6 health for fight promoter.
- 2 x Hungry Dragon : Ok use for early, but prefered to be held to trigger fight promoter at 10 mana
- 2 x Mire Keeper : ONLY RAMP, KEEP ON MULLIGAN
- 2 x Naga Sea Witch : Essential combo piece. Try not to play except on 5 and 10. Only on 5 if you are going to lose if you dont.
- 2 x Fight Promoter : Cycle, replaced ancient of lore
- 1 x Ragnaros : Big threat, play whenever
- 1 x Arch-Thief Rafaam : With the board presence of this deck, never take the 3/3’s. Almost always take the +10/+10 unless the 10 damage will give you lethal
- 1 x Aviana : Another combo piece. This unto Kun into -> Literally anything
- 1 x Cenarius : Used to slow, but more offen used as a “win more” by buffing a Naga and Soggoth
- 1 x Soggoth the Slitherer : Again, just slow, stall, survive. Good on turn ten to block a Naga from dying to board
- 1 x Ysera : Often low on cards, so try to keep this alive. NOT PART OF A COMBO. Don’t feel bad playing this at any time
- 1 x Kun the Forgotten King : 90% hold for combo/10% armor when you’re going to die anyway
- 1 x Living Roots : Hold on Mulligan and play 2 1/1’s
- 2 x Wild Growth : RAMP RAMP RAMP, if you’re at 7+ mana, hold for draw
- 2 x Wrath : Try to only use this to draw
- 2 x Jade Blossom : Play as soon as able, ALWAYS
- 2 x Swipe : You die to aggro, try to use this effectively
- 2 x Nourish : Just keep ramping. Or you can draw cards late game if you get this too! Combo decks need draw, and this spell is fantastic for that.
Hearthstone Deck Code:
To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone
- Reminder of the defending deck
- Trash talk
- Best of 3 series
- Watch on MMOReporter.com
- We’ll be right back.
- Who won
- How close was it?
- What were important moments?
- What went wrong/right for the challenger deck?
- Was this a good representation of the challenger deck’s strengths?
- Congratulate the winner
The Dust Bowl
- Card to keep – Rat Pack
- Card to dust – Hidden Cache
- Card to keep – Counterfeit coin
- Card to dust – Streetwise investigator
None this week. Send yours in to firstname.lastname@example.org
None this week.
Card of the Week
- Elise the Trailblazer – 5 mana legendary minion – 5/5 Battlecry: Shuffle a sealed Un’Goro pack into your deck
- Un’Goro Pack – 2 mana spell – Add 5 random Journey to Un’Goro cards to your hand — Rarity works differently than actual packs. Guaranteed at least an epic. They said “very good chance you’ll get a legendary”
MMO Reporter Network
- We are a proud part of the MMO Reporter network: a collaboration of several different podcasts all on mission to provide fun and entertaining takes on your favorite games!
- If you play WoW, LotRO, Guild Wars, or any other MMO, go to MMOReporter.com to check out some of our other great podcasts
- If you’d like to support our show and help us grow, go to patreon.com/mmoreporter to become a Patron today!
As always, we’d love to know what you thought of the show and what you’d like to see added to the show for future episodes.
- Google+ Happy Hearthstone (https://plus.google.com/communities/103092101962821009470)
- Twitter @andrewisliving, @thehappyhs
- Email email@example.com
- Comment on blog MMOReporter.com
- Hearthaholics http://www.whalesarewhales.com/hearthaholics/
- Youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYbFzLtkySStxusjXEZrg3Q
- Twitch https://www.twitch.tv/benbezzler
- WaW http://www.whalesarewhales.com/
- Twitter https://twitter.com/benbezzler
Thanks for joining us, Ben!
Thanks again for visiting The Happy Hearthstone and having a little fun with us. We’ll see you next time!